• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. mikkelstuff

lock cylinder failure

The ignition lock cylinder has failed on my 2002 Ranger XLT. The ignition key turns freely in both the clockwise and counter clockwise rotations. Clearly the ignition switch is in the "on" position as the heater blower motor keeps running with the key removed. I have disconnected the battery for...
  2. mikkelstuff

Air horns

I bought a set of air horns for my 2002 Ranger years ago and am finally determined to install them. I want to use the original Ranger horn wiring as a trigger for a relay to power the air horns. The Ranger wiring has a female fitting plugging into male connectors on the horns. Any chance there...
  3. mikkelstuff

For Sale Aluminum radiator

I was given a fine new Northern aluminum radiator thinking it would fit my 1975 Ranchero - it does not. This appears to be a high quality radiator with aluminum tanks welded to the core - no plastic tanks crimped to the core. If you have a use for this, send me a PM. I need to dispose of this...
  4. mikkelstuff

No power to the OBD-II/ABS (I'm told)

2002 4WD Ranger XLT has a check engine light on - been awhile for that. My OBD-II/ABS analyzer cannot read any error codes. Thinking my cheap analyzer may be the problem, I had the local NAPA store put their analyzer on it and had the same problem. The NAPA guy says there is no power to the...
  5. mikkelstuff

Seen those Buick commercials?

6. mikkelstuff

Hood ornament

I think my 2002 Ranger XLT needs a contoured hood ornament. Any ideas?
  7. mikkelstuff

A-pillar grab handle

My wife (under chemo) is struggling to get in the passenger side of my '02 4WD Ranger even with a foot stool. She finds the passenger side overhead grab handle to be too high to reach but would like one on the A-pillar. Do I dare add a grab handle to the A-pillar? Anything under the plastic to...
  8. mikkelstuff

Easter greetings

9. mikkelstuff

Hood gas struts - recommendation

I want to add hood gas struts to my 2002 Ranger. Any recommendations for sources to buy?
  10. mikkelstuff

Christmas humor

11. mikkelstuff

Christmas wish list

I'll start: Wish I had a new 2023 Ford Ranger 4WD Super Cab with a factory 5.0L Coyote engine. Well ok, just a Colorado emissions legal Ford 5.0L V8 of any variety in my 2002 Ford Ranger 4WD Super Cab. Mostly I wish my lovely wife's ovarian cancer had not returned - but as long as I'm wishing!
  12. mikkelstuff

Power steering hose question

Not my Ranger but Ford power steering. I understand Fords to run some 800 psi on the pressure side and 1000 psi or so with the steering locked to one side. Hence, 1250 psi or more hose for the pressure side. However, for the return side, do I dare use 350 psi hose? I have new Parker Push-Lok...
  13. mikkelstuff

Fog/Driving lamp replacement

I just noticed that the right side right side fog lamp lens is broken on my '02 Ranger. I see plenty of replacements offered on Amazon, ebay, etc - mostly as pairs. Any experience with these? Should I replace both lights while I'm at it?
  14. mikkelstuff

Disc brake conversion questions

So I did the Mustang rear disc brake conversion on my '02 Ranger 4WD XLT which I love. However, now working a brake issue with my '75 Ranchero, I'm wondering if the Ranger master cylinder and proportioning valve should have been changed out as well? For the Ranchero at least, the master cylinder...
  15. mikkelstuff

Cabin air flow

I now realize that the A/C is working fine in my 2002 Ranger XLT but I'm just not getting air flow out the dash vents for a few minutes. Instead, there is air flow out the defroster vents. From what I read, this is the default condition for a poor system vacuum. I removed the vacuum reservoir...
  16. mikkelstuff

A/C pressures

Probably here somewhere on the site but my 2002 Ranger A/C needs refrigerant and I would like to know the desired low and high side pressures.
  17. mikkelstuff

Fuel injection hose clamps

Having had to fix the butchered fuel injection supply lines on my 2002 Ranger, I have installed a few barbed fittings connecting mostly 3/8" hose (made for fuel injection systems). I installed those hoses with single ear crimp clamps thinking those were the best for the application. Now, after...
  18. mikkelstuff

Spin-on fuel filter

Sadly I found the fuel lines butchered on this 2002 4WD Ranger XLT when passed to me after Dad died. Also I never liked the idea of having to fish out the original fuel filter tucked away up over a cross-member. Fine no doubt for off road driving but if I'm ever off road, if was not intentional...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad