• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1991 Ranger 3.0 2WD 2" lift - tire size options?

My buddy has a 91 ranger 3.0 rwd extended cab that he purchased a 2" lift (2" blocks for rear leaf & 2" blocks for front coils) and regarding tires and wheels what would be the best option. 15" or 16" and what size would be the largest to run without causing travel issues or rubbing when lock to...
  2. Rear axle drone

I have a 1994 4.0 2WD (manuel trans) that recently between 55-65 mph I start hearing a drone sound as if there is a semi truck getting close to me. It gets a little bit louder up to 75-80 mph. It doesn't get better or worse as I decelerate or accelerate. I am in the process of changing the fluid...
  3. Idea to minimize rear brakes from locking up?

I have a 94' 2wd super cab 4.0 with 10" drums. I had a near miss this past weekend (wreck) due the street being a little wet and my having to slam on my brakes to not hit the two idiots trying to dart out in front of me. I just replaced all components of my front and rear brakes excluding the...
  4. 91 & 94 ranger motor swap options

Howdy folks, I have a 91 ranger that my buddy and I were talking about motor swap ideas. Other than the 5.0, will an eco boost v6 work? My thought is that with all the computer mumbo jumbo that it would need or take may not be worth it. Anyone have any other ideas that anyone has done? It seems...
  5. 4.0l engine lifting / raising for oil pan gasket

I came across an engine hoist to lift/raise the engine enough to change my oil pan gasket. Question, what or where can I safely bolt the chain to (engine hoist) in order to lift/raise the engine? Also, am I correct in thinking that I should only have to unbolt the motor mounts and slowly...
  6. L Oxide for oxidized paint?

I have seen a couple video's on L Oxide company that on Amazon, claims... "Oxide Reducing Emulsion to Restore Faded, Oxidized or Sun Damaged Car Paint, Peeling Clear Coat and Dull Headlights in a Simple DIY Operation. Easier to Apply Than Wax and Needs no polishing". There are video's...
  7. Over heating

My issue: In the truck, with the a/c on, and the truck has been driven for a little while, it will over heat (climb up to the "L" of normal). If the a/c is off, the truck will idle normal without overheating. Could this be a water pump? The radiator and fan clutch are new, the fluid is full...
  8. Seat cover question

I am in looking around for a pair of seat covers. I do not want to go with leather, nor am I working with a "Katzkin" budget. I found these covers which seem to be affordable as well as decent. They are from Realtruck.com / coverking neosupreme seat covers. Does anyone here know anything...
  9. Shifter knob replacement help

Howdy gang, I am looking to replace my shifter knob. Mine came off while driving (awkward). I am looking for a round ball style shift knob. Has anyone threaded theirs or have any how to's advice on this? Thanks for any helpful advise
  10. New heads put on, possible O2 sensor, maybe crankshaft position sensor? Help

1994 4.0l OHV, new heads replaced and running, upon test driving the truck it hesitates. I think (key word there) it may be O2 sensors (less than a year old motorcraft) or possibly a crankshaft position sensor (mine is a couple years old and a little dirty). Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad