• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

4.0 sohc wants to die when I hit the gas

I have a 4.0 sohc When the engine is cold it’ll start and idle fine but as soon as I touch the gas pedal it’ll almost shut off. Release gas pedal and the rpm’s pick back up quickly. This problem goes away completely when the engine is warm Also some times, cold or warm when coming to a stop the...
  2. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

Need some help with vaccum lines 4.0sohc

So I have a sohc 4.0 and am wondering if someone can show me or tell me about the lines that go on to the circled fittings. Do they loop to each other or where do they go? thanks !
  3. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

need some help with blinker wiring

1994 ranger 4.0 recently my blinkers and hazards stopped working all together. swapped in known working flasher relays (i have 2 '94 rangers) swapped in a known working multifunction switch dont see any popped fuses?? cant seem to figure it out. if theres any wiring gurus that can help me trace...
  4. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

led headlight bulb on 94 ranger

wanting a nicer light output from my headlights.... thought about led? good? bad? i dont see leds working as a high/low function... am i gonna be that asshole with my high beams on at all times? is hid a better option? any input is appreciated!
  5. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

Got 2 issues that im stumped on with my 94 4.0

as the title says, i have a 94 xlt 4.0 that i use daily for work. starts and runs incredible for having 303,000 miles. first issue is it seems to have a stutter both right when its started and put into gear, and also right when i start moving from a red light. not huge, but it does shake the...
  6. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

work truck hit 300k today.

so if you needed a reason to pop a beer do it in the name of this 94 4.0 xlt :icon_cheers: i may finally replace the rear main seal in celebration. it has gone from a slow seap to more of a drip lately cheers
  7. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

dual kc cyclone tube mount dome light housing

mods can delete if self promotion isnt allowed. im a small...VERY small operation, but decided to put this product out on the market because its been an idea ive had for a long time now. I created a light bezel that CLAMPS to your trucks roll cage to hold 2 kc cyclone lights. no drilling into...
  8. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

Can someone explain this factory fuel pump assembly?

2011 ranger 4cyl fuel pump. im helping a friend put a fuel cell in his truck and he wants to use the factory fuel pump. unfortunately i did not take this apart so im asking for some explanation of what ports do what up top of the unit. i know which is which for the fuel lines, but theres two...
  9. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

For Sale RANGER 4.0 Y Pipe exhaust flanges

hey guys, i have a few of these flanges left over. they are for 93-94 4.0 rangers, maybe older ones also but definitely not newer. they are a direct bolt on to the weird y pipe flange for deleting cats and making your own exhaust (only suggested for racing vehicles blah blah) they are stainless...
  10. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

Vaughn Gittin Jr.s new "rtr" ranger

watcha guys think! first new ranger ive seen built to this extent. it was built by a shop in simi valley CA called "kibbetech" you can find them on instagram. pretty cool lookin truck. 4wd long travel with what appears to be a parallel 4 link with a panhard bar to locate the axle. coilover and...
  11. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

having a bit of an electrical bug.

the truck is a 1993 4.0 ranger when i pull the head light switch the headlights both turn on, but passenger side is fairly dim. both blinker arrow lights on my dash stay lit but outside front marker lights are not on. when i try to use a blinker or hazards nothing happens. not sure what it is...
  12. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

HYDROBOOST BRAKES?

has anyone converted to hydroboost brakes? im wondering what steering pump i need to do this conversion or if i can some how use my stock one (4.0 ohv)? i found that some mustangs came with hydroboost set ups so id probably use one of those. any help is appreciated. thanks!
  13. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

transmission adapters

hey guys. i recently came across a company that made various billet adapters for ford engine to gm trans or vise versa but they did not have anything for a ranger 4.0 to gm auto trans. was wondering if anyone has came across said item?
  14. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

jolene

so i thought i might start a build thread on my truck to post future progress and such. the first half of this will be a build..errr...catch up if you want to call it that. i mainly want to have a place to store pictures and such since i dont have a home computer (im using my work computer...
  15. JOLENE_THE_RANGER

new guy

Hey guys. new guy here from california. joined the forum to expand my push rod 4.0 knowledge and maybe find new ways to squeeze some power out of it, buy/ sell parts, and show off my build if anyone cares at all haha. cheers

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad