• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. New ball joints too tight

Hey everybody. I replaced the ball joints, axle pivot bushings, and radius arm bushings in my '87 4x4 Ranger recently, and the ball joints are tight. Tight enough that it was obvious when I installed the steering knuckles. When I drive it, the steering wheel will not return to center on it's own...
  2. Free '99 Ranger on CraigsList

There's a free Ranger listed on Craigslist in Belmont NC for anyone interested. I'd check it out myself (25 minutes away) but I hurt my back doing ball joints and bushings on my '87 4x4 friday and I won't be going anywhere for a few more days...
  3. New leaf spring replacements

I came across is a deal on some new leaf springs for my '87 STX Ranger, but I'm having a little trouble identifying the correct replacement leaf springs, and I'm hoping someone here knows more about this topic than I do. My spring code is F3E, "F" being the front coil springs, "E" being the rear...
  4. Electric radiator cooling fan mod

The last couple of days I've been thinking about actually doing the electric fan mod on my Ranger, but I wanted to get some opinions on a couple issues I haven't been able to figure out yet. I've kept an eye on this 2.9 forum for a while now, so I know I'll probably get a variety of answers :)...
  5. Compression good or bad?

I just did a compression test on my 2.9 and came up with these numbers #1- 175 psi #2- 182 psi #3- 182 psi #4- 172 psi #5- 180 psi #6- 167 psi I made sure that the engine was warmed up, power to the coil disconnected, throttle body wide open, and all plugs removed. I turned the engine over 9...
  6. Erratic oil pressure

I have an '87 2.9L 4X4 Ranger. Any ideas why my oil pressure would be erratic? It starts out around 50-60lbs when cold, after warming up it runs about 40lbs while driving, drops to about 15-18lbs at idle, but the whole time the needle on the gauge bounces around a couple lbs in either direction...
  7. 1987 4X4 2.9L oil pump install

It looks like I may need to change the oil pump in my '87 2.9L 4X4 Ranger, and I have read here in the forums that it may be necessary to pull the engine to change it. I had an '88 2.3L 2X4 Ranger that I was able to raise off the mounts far enough to stick in a 4X4 block on both sides of the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad