• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Bgunner

Some strange things happening- found the issue and simple fix.

SYSTEM SPECS: MB : ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Pro (Wi-Fi) v1.0 CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 5800X RAM : G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 GPU : Gigabyte Gaming OC AMD Radeon RX 6700XT 12GB PSU : Corsair RM 750W <- soon to be replaced because I am tired of the capacitor whine it has. HDD's ...
  2. Bgunner

What parts finder do you guys use to search for harder to find auto parts?

So I've seen you guys mention a parts finder that allows you to search the country for "Auto" parts but my google searches keep coming up with PC parts picker which is not what I want. I want to be able to find one that searches close to home here or across the country if it is not close and to...
  3. Bgunner

Did the Rangers ever come with a proportioning valve?

So I've been thinking of the braking system in my 94 and other vehicles I've owned and was curious if they ever used a proportioning valve for the rear brakes on rangers and how it is triggered. I was sitting here remembering building my 86 Toyota pickup and had to ask my brother what the rod...
  4. Bgunner

Gravity Bleeding

So I've heard of it but never have done it myself. Doesn't it leave some air in the system? I just did my calipers and to get the majority of the air out of the new ones I pulled out the bleeders and screwed then back in once fluid started to poor out. I let some fluid come out the bleeder...
  5. Bgunner

Free program for securely erasing HDD's

I just recently purchased 2 Samsung 980 pro 2TB M.2 NVMe drives for my PC as I am planning on changing cases soon and many new cases don't have the amount of 3.5 inch drive bays that I would require to keep my storage needs fed. I am planning on shipping a HDD or two to my son to alleviate his...
  6. Bgunner

EVGA no longer partners with Nvidia

As the title says EVGA has broken off relations with Nvidia. This means that EVGA will not be producing 40 series GPU's and is shuttering its GPU plants. EVGA is an AIB (Add In Board) partner that strictly made Nvidia GPU's and wouldn't produce any AMD GPU's. Just recently EVGA has started...
  7. Bgunner

Power steering fluid leak at pump

On my '94 3.0L I have a power steering leak right at the pump. It's the adapter that screws in to reservoir on the pump on the high pressure side so the leak is between the reservoir and the adapter. Can I pull this adapter and put thread tape on it to seal it? Will the trans fluid eat the...
  8. Bgunner

Should I need to adjust the push rod in the brake booster for the new master cylinder?

I am replacing the master cylinder on my 94 and when I took of the old one I noticed an adjustment on the push rod in the vacuum booster. Does this need to be adjusted for the new master or will it be fine? I've replaced masters before but never saw an adjustment there before. This is why I ask.
  9. Bgunner

Getting a 86 Ranger XL w/2.9 running with weird issue (Video)

New parts doesn't mean good parts!
  10. Bgunner

Sleep Apnea

So for years now I've been fighting to stay awake for long periods, heck I sit in the recliner and 20 mins later I'm out cold, so I talked to my doctor and she set me up with a sleep study. I did a at home test but it came back inconclusive which puzzled me when they wanted me to go in to do one...
  11. Bgunner

Rustoleum bed liner any good?

I have a drop in plastic bed liner but the paint under it is taking a real beating, worn through in spots, and was thinking of this year doing a roll on liner as extra protection from rust and ware. Have you guys tried the Rustoleum roll on liner? It's cheap and will be covered anyways.
  12. Bgunner

$400 ranger

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1150912178717202/?ref=browse_tab&referral_code=marketplace_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks&tracking=%7B%22qid%22%3A%226969727726702689647%22%2C%22mf_story_key%22%3A%22892721026846345799%22%2C%22commerce_rank_obj%22%3A%22%7B%5C%22target_id%5C%22%3A...
  13. Bgunner

91 partially restored

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/766538057337500/?ref=facebook_story_share
  14. Bgunner

Blew power steering line, drive it home?

I blew the pressure line and I have the part at home, about 44 miles away. Should I take the chance and drive home refilling as necessary or buy another line and replace it here? Opinions?
  15. Bgunner

Is it safe to tap the cigarette outlet power for 2 more outlets?

I have picked up a duel lighter outlet so I can add power outlets for charging phones because my factory one is about shot and plugs wont stay plugged in. I have purchased a fuse link so if I tap off of the fuse block I can have a fuse but for simplicity I'm curious if I can tap the original...
  16. Bgunner

The disappearing Evap gross leak code.

So the GF's Chevy Trailblazer came to the house with the check engine light on and running rough so I through the scanner on it and get just a gross evap leak code but nothing saying a skip but it was an obvious issue. Ok a head scratcher but I changed out the boot and spring, mopped up the shit...
  17. Bgunner

'07-'11 Rangers due to be recalled

2007 thru 2011 Ford Rangers to be recalled for there airbag propelent, ammonium nitrate, breaking down and causing hazardous situations. https://www.foxbusiness.com/industrials/feds-reject-ford-and-mazda-request-on-air-bag-recalls.amp
  18. Bgunner

What GPS speedometer have you found that seems to work best?

Well my speedo cable seems to be acting up this winter and since I do not work on vehicles in the cold I need a work around till spring. It has always, since I have owned it, bounced from 15 mph and below but now it has gotten to the point it is now unreliable up higher. I tried google maps but...
  19. Bgunner

Found! 95-97 Wheel Center Caps

I am in search of 2 rear 95-97 center caps for my ranger. They can not have the hole for the locking hubs since I have a 2wd and they need to cover the spindles in the front. Let me know if you have some and how much you need to get for them. thanks EDIT: Pics provided below for a visual...
  20. Bgunner

Ranger water recovery.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad