• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Dirtman

Better stereo that will fit

How much do you wanna spend? And you do not have a double DIN, you have something close. A single DIN will fit nicely, a double DIN requires some grinding. You can get a stereo, adapter and harness for under $100 at Crutchfield so not sure what you want?
  2. Dirtman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts 4r44e OD off won't move forward or reverse

Remove transmission. Rebuild transmission.
  3. Dirtman

Why does my cam synchro keep going bad, and where do I find a good one?

Search the site, somewhere on here was a post or tech article about how to improve oil flow to the synchro. If I recall you drilled something out a bit? But like @ThatOneGuy said check oil pressure too because as he said if it starts dropping the synchro would be first to feel the effect. But...
  4. Dirtman

Your Truck Collision Insurance - Aftermarket Add On's Covered?

Yup, Insurance is government mandated gambling. And the best part is unlike real gambling where the house always wins, with insurance not only does the house always win, if they do loose (aka you get in an accident) they just charge you more to keep playing... Off topic but I always wondered if...
  5. Dirtman

Your Truck Collision Insurance - Aftermarket Add On's Covered?

When my 93 S10 got totalled it had a ton of aftermarket crap on it that cost me around $5,000. They ended up giving me bluebook value for the truck plus a prorated price for the aftermarket parts that was around $900 extra. Think of it this way if you put a $500 widget on your truck and 10 years...
  6. Dirtman

What are these stickers?

I'll trade you 6 unicorn stickers for 2 of yours.
  7. Dirtman

Better stereo that will fit

Just get any single DIN aftermarket stereo. If you buy from crutchfield they usually throw in the wiring harness and dash adapter free so it only takes about 30 minutes to install.
  8. Dirtman

Camper shells available for 1999 ranger?

Also FYI 1998-2011 are all the same. 93-97 "may" fit. Any earlier definitely will not.
  9. Dirtman

Camper shells available for 1999 ranger?

You can still buy them new from companies like A.R.E and LEER. The one pictured looks like an A.R.E. But they cost $1,500+ new and are a dime a dozen used on Craigslist. I've bought 3 in the past 6 months and the most expensive one was $150 bucks. Most people practical beg you to take them...
  10. Dirtman

Oh, bummer

Twin turbos on a 2.9? Dynamite is alot cheaper...
  11. Dirtman

High Pressure Fuel Pump?

Freaking Qanon!
  12. Dirtman

It's that time of year again.

Actually let me rephrase that... All food associated with Fall and or Thanksgiving taste like crap except for turkey butthole bread.
  13. Dirtman

It's that time of year again.

Pumpkins taste like napkins.
  14. Dirtman

High Pressure Fuel Pump?

It was a relic of carbed days. The in tank pump provided enough pressure for a carb but not enough for fuel injection. So when they first started adding fuel injection they just left the original low pressure pump and sender assembly in the tank to feed fuel out of the tank, and then added the...
  15. Dirtman

What’s that smelly smell my truck makes?

Good god man have some self respect.
  16. Dirtman

Realistic expectations at 100 yards with a .22lr?

I showed my butt to a man from Minnesota one crisp fall evening. He clapped for 11 minutes and ran off screaming into the night. True story.
  17. Dirtman

What is temp of heater air?

If the vents change position properly (from defrost, to floor, to forward) then the vacuum system is fine. If it blows nice cold air then the AC is obviously fine, if BOTH heater core lined are hot then at least some flow is going through the core. So with that info yea I'd just toss a new blend...
  18. Dirtman

07’ ford ranger won’t start right after transmission replacement

Scan that summbich and tells us what the codes say. A 2007 OBD2 system is way too sophisticated to allow the truck to run that poorly and not give a code.
  19. Dirtman

What is temp of heater air?

The air from my heater blows at exactly "good and hot" kelvin.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad