• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. fred m

Wanted Looking for good chrome step bumper, ‘93-‘11 fleetside/styleside

Have bought three new bumpers online and all of them arrived damaged. Willing to pick up anywhere within a couple hours of Memphis, Tennessee.
  2. fred m

P0320 code

I think you have a bad electrical connection somewhere. If there is an issue with PATS, codes related to the no-start will still be stored in the computer until cleared (or the battery is disconnected long enough). Get somebody with at least a basic diagnostic tool to plug in and check the PCM...
  3. fred m

My $3,500 Jaguar - The 'Mad Jag'

Nice! Any specific compound or pads you used? Mine aren't as hazy as yours were but they could use cleaning up, especially the RH side. (That's dew on the paint, not clear coat failure ;))
  4. fred m

Free 1984 & ‘85 Ranger Owners Manuals

That works out great as there's a UPS store right across the street from my office. I will PM an email address.
  5. fred m

Truckspotters

I confess I kinda have a thing for them too. And early Rivieras… the Nomad is not mine.
  6. fred m

Cars? What do you drive?

I think you’ll enjoy the car. Those X350s are very solid drivers. I love my 2006 Vanden Plas. Just hit 100k on mine. As far as my daily drivers go, I rotate through a 1987 Jaguar XJ-S V12, a 1993 notchback Mustang 2.3/5 speed, the XJ8 mentioned above, and the GT500 for weekend fun. And an...
  7. fred m

Did i get screwed?

As a PSA to anybody reading this thread wondering about possible odometer fraud on Rangers (or any Ford of that era), while yes, the PCM does have an independent mileage value stored on the 2004-11 trucks, it can be altered very easily so seeing that value is not a guarantee of actual mileage...
  8. fred m

1995 Ford Ranger

I knew it was an option but I don't think I've ever seen a '95+ Ranger with a blue interior. Looks sharp.
  9. fred m

purchase of instrument cluster for my 1998 Ranger

Make sure it comes from a six cylinder Mountaineer if you want the tach to read correctly. You will want to ask them specifically to remove the cable for the PRNDL as well because it just pops out of the bottom of the cluster when you take it out.
  10. fred m

ever buy tools that you will probably never need?

Not tools in the traditional sense, but automotive electronic tools. In the last year I've purchased DiagProg4 Full Package, Autel MS908P Maxisys Elite, Autel IM508 Key Programmer, a J2534 programmer interface and a few EEPROM tools. It's a safe bet that if it rolls, I can program it. Steal a...
  11. fred m

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Rolled over 280,000 miles... Drove it down to the self-service car wash and knocked the bugs and mud off of it... beats standing out in the sun washing it. Changed the oil as I do every 10k miles. Have an appointment tomorrow over at Discount Tire for rotate & balance Making room to park the...
  12. fred m

Free 1984 & ‘85 Ranger Owners Manuals

You may take one or both. Free, will mail if you cover costs, in Tallahassee, Fla for pickup. The ‘85 booklet is in decent shape with wear, the ‘84 has some (old) water damage on the cover and first few pages. Ugly but it has been dry for years and can be read.
  13. fred m

Antique License Plates??

Florida’s Antique plate is very simple, I have several registered. Main benefit is they’re considerably cheaper to register than a regular “sunshine state” tag, plus you get the special blue tag. Only requirement is the vehicle and engine both be over 30 years of age (though no inspections for...
  14. fred m

I need a radiator for my 2001 Ranger. Opinions on brand, etc?

I replaced mine several years ago with a Canadian-made Spectra Premium which cost ~$75... seems well-made and has held up well; has a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer but probably more trouble than it's worth to cash in on it.
  15. fred m

Had some paintless dent repair done. See quoted post for ‘before’ photos. Repair was done by Scott at Precision Dent Removal in Tallahassee. I’m happy with the results, the damage was over 2.5” deep at the worst point. Cost $700 and was finished in one day. The owner of the shop was excited...
  16. fred m

I’m done with them, for sure
  17. fred m

That sucks... “Coming soon to a state near you“
  18. fred m

Took some pretty good body damage in an automatic wash tunnel. Was going through the brushes and felt a jolt, like a truck hit me in the rear side. Oasis Express Wash on W. Tennessee St. (US 90) in Tallahassee, Fla. Attendants took photos, wrote some stuff down and gave me their boss's phone...
  19. fred m

Hit a deer

Core support and bumper both look straight so frame damage wouldn't even cross my mind... I wouldn't fool with used parts unless you can buy them by the pound, because new front end parts are dirt cheap for these trucks. As others have mentioned, ebay and car-part.com are good places to look...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad