• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. fred m

Wanted Looking for good chrome step bumper, ‘93-‘11 fleetside/styleside

Have bought three new bumpers online and all of them arrived damaged. Willing to pick up anywhere within a couple hours of Memphis, Tennessee.
  2. fred m

Free 1984 & ‘85 Ranger Owners Manuals

You may take one or both. Free, will mail if you cover costs, in Tallahassee, Fla for pickup. The ‘85 booklet is in decent shape with wear, the ‘84 has some (old) water damage on the cover and first few pages. Ugly but it has been dry for years and can be read.
  3. fred m

Brand new F-150 for $430!

https://www.karlflammerford.com/new/Ford/2020-Ford-F-150-tampa+FL-b5385fae0a0e0adf03d69516ac1d896f.htm?searchDepth=1:16 I called the dealer, knowing it was a mistake but mostly to let them know about it. Salesman said that not only was it a loaner, but they weren't budging from the $47k MSRP o_O
  4. fred m

In search of ball joints that won’t wear out overnight

2002 2wd coil spring front end I replaced my creaking lower ball joints last year, they were Moog problem solvers with less than 50k on them and totally shot. Used Mevotech supreme ball joints and they’re worn out 13 months and 18k miles later. I’m looking at Motorcraft ball joints, they’re...
  5. fred m

1.5L EcoBoost Escape engine replaced

My 2019 Escape with 9800 miles on it got a short block under warranty last week, it was losing coolant slowly but enough to get my attention. Dealer replaced the engine, no questions per the TSB. I know we have a couple experienced Ford techs here (@adsm08). Does anyone know if the new...
  6. fred m

Who makes the best tie rod ends right now?

Due to the complete incompetence of several chain-store alignment techs, I’m shopping for new tie rods. The go-to used to be MOOG but as they started making more and more stuff overseas their quality control got progressively worse. What brand should I be shopping for? American made if possible...
  7. fred m

Used oil analysis

At my last oil change, I sent out a sample for analysis. First time and likely the last time I will ever do this. For the cost of 3-4 oil changes, I found that my engine is wearing slightly less than average and the oil had some life left at 10k miles. Whoopee. Anyways, here you go. It was my...
  8. fred m

So this happened...

Got in the truck the other morning and it was at exactly a quarter million. I've kept up with maintenance and it still drives like new. Body and interior could pass for >100k miles, I'm sure of it. I just did its third set of ball joints and replaced the radiator a few months ago. Fourth (I...
  9. fred m

Recommend me a bumper

After hitting a deer on the highway and tearing up my V8 Explorer last month, I'm thinking about an aftermarket bumper for my '02 Ranger. Preventing body damage is one thing, but I am mostly looking for something to protect the radiator/transmission cooler so I can at least drive the truck home...
  10. fred m

The Eagle has landed

I’m far from the first to have done this, but... My odometer rolled 238,900 tonight, which as I understand it is the moon’s average distance from Earth. It’s an ‘02 Ranger XLT with the 3.slow and 5R44E. It has served me well, and will continue to do so for a long time. Barring theft or a major...
  11. fred m

Fan clutch acts up immediately after replacing radiator

Read the title. Coincidence? I replaced my radiator Saturday, due to a crack in the plastic tank. Drove it around and topped the coolant off, had no problems. Truck sat and cooled off. Later that afternoon, I took a ~3 hour trip, highway at about 65mph, 20 miles in the fan clutch totally locks...
  12. fred m

aftermarket radio resetting randomly

Hate aftermarket electronics. Hate them. I have a 2 or 3 year old JVC AM/FM/CD/Sirius head unit in my '02, a few months ago it started resetting occasionally when I start the truck, like it's lost power (i.e. losing my presets, flashing obnoxious demo colors at me at night). Started doing it a...
  13. fred m

Fixed the most aggrivating thing about my truck

On my '02, that little Ford emblem on the steering wheel started flaking off and it was driving me NUTS! (I can't be alone here, right? I am? Crap!). But anyways, it took about 5 minutes (and $16) of careful prying with a pocket knife to replace this: with this: So if anyone else is in the...
  14. fred m

M5OD swap questions

I'm considering an M5OD to replace the 5R44E in my '02 3.0 2WD. With 217k on the clock, I'm finally starting to see issues pop up, and since I've been looking for a reason to dump the auto anyways, this seems like the way to go. I've got a buddy with a junk yard, he's got about a dozen Rangers...
  15. fred m

new to the forum

New to the forum. I have an '02 Ranger XLT ext. cab 2WD with the 3.slow and the 5R44E auto. Truck has ~215k miles and counting by the day. Looks almost new, perfect interior, no rust, drives great. In the near future, I will be doing a 5.0 swap, have a complete '97 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD for a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad