• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Otis413

99 Dodge 2500 Brake Master Cylinder Swap

My '04, (4.0 ohc, auto, CC and anti-lock) has the "Cruse control release switch" mounted in a port on the front of the MC, I'm guessing that you could just "T" that into the line near the MC, Rock Auto lists the switch as being mounted on the MC or in-line, so maybe there's OEM parts to do that...
  2. Otis413

More Bronco hear say.

Sorry to get off subject, that was the first Bronco Sport I'd seen in the wild....
  3. Otis413

More Bronco hear say.

I'll try again; Right to left: Shay #5, 80 ton class C built in 1905, delivered here in 1905. next is #9, a 70 ton three truck Climax built in 1919, one of only a few left in the world. Next is Shay #2, built in 1928, and Shay #11 built in 1923 and far left is Shay #4, built in 1922.
  4. Otis413

More Bronco hear say.

I don't know why I have so much trouble with pictures on this website... I'll try again, This bronco showed up at work today, yes, I am a machinist for a steam railroad at the Cass Scenic Railroad State Park, Cass WVa. We had 5 engines fired up today, four Lima Shays and one Climax, we have...
  5. Otis413

More Bronco hear say.

6. Otis413

How to Make a 2004 FX4 Level 1 to FX4 Level 2... Simplified Please, already Confused

I remember "back in the day" the guys at 4x4 & off road magazine tried putting a locker in the front of a 70s full time 4 wheel drive Dodge pickup.... How'd that turn out??? Not to good... 😜
  7. Otis413

How to Make a 2004 FX4 Level 1 to FX4 Level 2... Simplified Please, already Confused

That's true! Personally, if I were going that far, I'd do the solid axle conversion. But not everybody has the tools, money and time to do that..
  8. Otis413

In '04 it was called "FX4 off road" rather then FX4 Level II, and the Thorsen dif wasn't a standard option. I'm not sure without looking it up if it was an option.. The Off Road package had skid plates and 4.10:1 gears if I remember right, everything else was a special order option. (again, if...
  9. Otis413

I much prefer the "live" front end over man or auto hubs, shift on the fly is nice!
  10. Otis413

I have a 2003 FX4 Lev2, came with the original paprework, it was special ordered with an auto trans instead of the 5 speed which means it didn't come with a manual t-case.. If you want the free wheelin' front end find a Ranger or Explorer that had the vacuum locking hubs, swap them (including...
  11. Otis413

Pinion splines?

Yes, I'm asking about the pinion splines for the drive shaft flange, I read somewhere that some cars with 8.8 rears had 28 spline pinions, but I think maybe they actually had a 7.5 rear and just confused the two. Just want to make sure before I order anything, waiting on my tax return anyway...
  12. Otis413

Pinion splines?

Are all 8.8 pinion shaft splines the same? (30 spline 1.626" dia.?) and are all 7.5s 28 spline? I'v found conflicting info on the 'net, and I know it's easy for people not that familiar with them to confuse the two (I did the first time I had to buy axle bearings, long story) most of the R&P...
  13. Otis413

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Nope, 'fraid not, from Cass W.Va and the 413 is a just number that seems to follow me around... :) And now I know there's a town in MA named Otis that has a 413 area code.... :unsure:
  14. Otis413

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

New wheels and tires. TACTIK Circle 8 Classic 15 Inch Wheel for Jeep Wrangler 1987-2006, 5x4.5 Bolt Pattern, 15x8 (-12.7mm Offset), 4 Inch Backspace, Satin Black $59.99 each with center caps https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089N38KYC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 GT Radial...
  15. Otis413

Sway Bar Pictures

Good stuff! While we're on the subject, did the FX4 Lev2 (31 spline) ever come with a rear sway bar? Just wondering about the larger (3.25") axle tubes and the mounting brackets.
  16. Otis413

Tec/ Brake upgrades/ Areostar drum swap.

It might be good to add a note to the tec article about using the 93-97 Aerostar fined brake drum on a Ranger, this works on Rangers up to 1997 but in 1998 the hub size increased from abt 2.54" (64.5mm) to 2.80" (71mm). so using the Aerostar brake drums on 98 up Rangers would require some...
  17. Otis413

Brake backing plate for Torsen rear diff

Yes, the same bearing and seal up to 2009(?), (1563) also the 31 spline FX4 axle used the Explorer bearing/seal set. (1559/8835S) I went through that same thing too with my 2004 Ranger.. I found this somewhere, can't vouch 100% for its accuracy, I know the Ranger rear axle changed in 2009 but I...
  18. Otis413

Fuel Injector Restoration

Good tip! as for changing the filters your self there's a tool for that, cost $12.99 and comes with new filters. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PHMRNZP/?coliid=INZGVZ3VLQETM&colid=3FI39VO65O8SQ&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
  19. Otis413

93 extra cab Driver side front hanger replacement

If you happen to have an ATV/MC jack, or have a friend who does, they're great for removing the gas tank. Bite the bullet and pull the bed off, it makes the gas tank and spring work soooo much easier.
  20. Otis413

Today's bad luck...

Ouch... big ouch. I feel for ya.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad