• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 08 ranger with 4.0, have a timing chain issue?

this truck looks good, in the pictures. Assuming the truck is as good as it looks, would it be worth $11,000? Seems pretty high to me.
  2. 08 ranger with 4.0, have a timing chain issue?

I've found what I think is a pretty good deal on an 08 ranger with the 4.0 liter engine with 133k miles. The owner says he has not changed the timing chain and that it isn't making any noise. I'm concerned that there might be a big problem waiting just round the corner for this engine. Was...
  3. obII scanner

will a OBII scanner work on a 1990 ranger?
  4. Must I remove the Y pipe to remove the a4ld?

That's a good idea. I guess my regular garage could do it too.
  5. Must I remove the Y pipe to remove the a4ld?

I have a 90 ranger with 4.0 and a4ld. It's been slow about going into 4th gear for a long time but now I is getting too bad. I've been thinking about rebuilding it for a long time. Now I'm at the point where I better do it or I"ll be too old. I also think I should just sale it as is. I...
  6. remove y pipe from 90 4.0

Thanks for all your replys.
  7. remove y pipe from 90 4.0

I will soon be removing my a4ld for rebuilding. I want to remove the y pipe to make it easier. I don't think the pipe has ever been removed. I think I'll end up in a 15 round fight to get it out. I already think I'll have to cut the fasteners and drill them out but it looks awfully tight up...
  8. 90 ranger body parts interchange

what year bronco body parts will fit my 1990 long bed ranger?
  9. Time for a restore......again.

I am blown away by how capable you two are. How did you ever learn to do so much? You are in a league of your own. Your day job must be rocket scientist.
  10. 90 ranger body parts interchange

thanks for your help, but the shipping is very high. No matter what, there will be things that are hard to find and cost a lot. I'm too frugal to go there.
  11. 90 ranger body parts interchange

I searched the internet, cregslist, marketplace, and the local salvage yard and found one fender, new for $118, shipped but not one bed and not one being parted out. I've seen them before and I suppose there will be others listed someday. But I've decided to not bother with restoring it...
  12. 90 ranger body parts interchange

I measured mine and found that it's actually 7' 4". Will the 93 and up beds look odd since they are a little wider?
  13. 90 ranger body parts interchange

I have a 1990 ranger, long bed, std cab. I want to change the bed and passenger side front fender. What other years will fit?
  14. Time for a restore......again.

with out factoring in sentimental value, what do you suppose your truck will be worth after all is done?
  15. which 4.0 in 2003

i found a 2003 ranger i might want to buy. I'm reluctant to get the one with the timing chain in the back of the engine. which 4.0 engine is most likely in a 2003 ranger?
  16. might have to consider a 3.0

I"ve been looking to get a newer truck. So many of the used trucks have the 3.0 in them. After finding so few 4.0s I started thinking about getting the 3.0. Does the 3.0 have any redeeming virtues?
  17. master cylinder replacement

I'm going to replace my MC. I went to ebay and found that they come with 15/16 ID and 1 inch ID. Is either ok? Both say they fit my 1990 4 liter ranger. I don't care to take it part way off to check for ID if I can avoid it.
  18. Speed Bleeders

That's a good idea. Thanks for sharing..
  19. did you ever determine what was wrong with your a4ld? I'm about to rebuild mine.

did you ever determine what was wrong with your a4ld? I'm about to rebuild mine.
  20. 90 ranger tail gate

does paint stripper damage aluminum?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad