• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Rooster

5.0 swap and SAS "Half-Pint"

Went on a deployment so I didn’t get to work on the ranger for over a year. I’ve got a trip coming up in July so I have a couple months to wrap it up. Got back to work starting with a big change… had to pause due to weather but all the big cuts are made and the body mounts have been moved. Took...
  2. Rooster

Also did a little wiring today, the switches I installed to control the kc light have a light that is constantly on, so to avoid draining the battery I installed a cutoff switch also, my horn quit working and was able to diagnose that the clock spring needed to be replaced. Rather than spend...
  3. Rooster

Worked on the truck some today, fixing more issues from when I first built it. Initially I put 7 Degree offset c bushings on the front axle because that’s what guys with lifted broncos do. However, my radius arms are longer, and transfer case isn’t in the same place, so it made for a pretty bad...
  4. Rooster

Been working on little things the last few weeks. Wired up my KC lights, and finished wiring the cb radio. Added a fuse panel next to the battery to make it as clean as possible, I’m fine with having a couple in line fuses but I plan on adding a few more things and don’t want a rats nest. also...
  5. Rooster

Got the radiator raised 3 inches so that is out of the way. Couldn’t raise the shroud cause it’ll hit the fan so I chopped the bottom. I might get an electric fan eventually Before After
  6. Rooster

Little bit of progress this weekend. When I took my track bar to a shop to get it bent a few years ago, the shop bent it a little crooked, so it was too close to my oil pan. I got it straightened out today in my pipe bender. Had to get a little weird with it pics are before, during and after
  7. Rooster

It’s been too long. Was on orders for a few months away from home, so I haven’t had a chance to work on the ranger since April. This last week I finally ran brake lines in the rear and added gear oil, so I was able to test drive it with the new axle. Brakes are a little weird, may need to do...
  8. Rooster

Not rock crawler related but I’m saying goodbye to this truck today. Was my DD for years but I needed something bigger for work. ‘Twas a good truck
  9. Rooster

Here it is welded up under the truck. All it needs is gear oil and brakes bled to be functional. I’m gonna have to get some custom brake lines, the ones that I had were way too long so I had to bend them a bunch to get them to fit I also installed the winch but forgot to take a picture. I...
  10. Rooster

Here are some more pics of the vss. Had to clearance the third member a bit to get the tone ring in
  11. Rooster

It’s been awhile. Got married, moved states, renovated a house and had a baby. But I’m back to working on the truck. Put the 9 inch rear end together and installed it this week. I addes the VSS tone ring and sensor out of an 8.8, my electronic trans won’t shift without it. If I were to do it...
  12. Rooster

Thanks! That’s part of why it’s been a 3 year project, some of this stuff ain’t cheap😂
  13. Rooster

Been working on the 9 inch a lot, I’ll do a whole post on that when it’s done. While I’ve been waiting on parts I worked on adding some “accessories” I made some light mounts that sandwich between the fender and the body. I stuck a KC light on there just to see how it looks, I’ll probably get...
  14. Rooster

So I didn’t get the truck finished in time, but I still took it on the trip. Didn’t go on any trails, but I did get to test out the suspension a little on some rocks Right now the rear flexes way more than the front. I definitely have some room for improvement on the front suspension, I need to...
  15. Rooster

Well, that’s not supposed to look like that😬 I guess the rear axle is going to take longer than I expected
  16. Rooster

I made some rock sliders this week. Still need to paint them and weld them to the frame. I started the disassembly of the Ford 9 inch rear end, I’m hoping to get it installed by the end of the month, some friends of mine are going on a wheeling trip in January and I’m trying to get the truck...
  17. Rooster

Inspected and registered! Now I need to make it off road worthy (rear axle, front driveshaft, etc.)
  18. Rooster

Wound up having to helicoil the holes in the upper intake where the EGR valve bolts on, but I think the vacuum leak is gone! Hopefully next weekend I can get it inspected/registered
  19. Rooster

Thanks, me too😂
  20. Rooster

Why you don’t run Mustang S550 wheels

Looks great! Can you share what spacers you ended up using and tire size? I bought a set of the same wheels to go on a 2001 2wd Ranger (but not lowered). Thanks!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad