• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1984ranger28

For Sale 1984 Ford Ranger for sale/parts.

Hi, I got in a crash over the summer in my Ranger and need to get rid of it now. Text me on Facebook or my number (810) 627-4051 for any parts you need. Located in Lapeer, Mi area. Can ship as long as parts arent too big. More info on Facebook ad...
  2. 1984ranger28

Wanted Clean 83-88 bed & door in Michigan area

Hi, I recently got in a accident with my Ranger and instead of scrapping it, I would like to rebuild it. I am looking for a relative rust free bed and door around the Michigan area. Thanks, Lucas.
  3. 1984ranger28

2006 Ford Freestyle rear diff removal

Hi, I'm currently in the middle of replacing the diff on a 2006 Freestyle and cant find a way to get the diff out without removing the sway bar completely. I have loosened the mounts for the sway bar but There is still not enough room. There is very little information on these SUVs and am really...
  4. 1984ranger28

More starter issues.

Reman
  5. 1984ranger28

More starter issues.

Hi, ive recently encountered more problems with my starter. The starter seems to disengage and spin once a cylinder fires. Ive confirmed this by disconnecting the coil and the starter never disengaged or spun. I just recently replaced the starter cable and solenoid. The starter is also brand...
  6. 1984ranger28

Cammed 2.8L

Well depending how crazy you are you can get it reground at a place in the UK lol https://www.burtonpower.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Ford+2.9+camshaft
  7. 1984ranger28

Cammed 2.8L

Very noticeable. I also paired this with ported heads/intake. The 0-60 is around 9 seconds now instead of the previous 12.6.
  8. 1984ranger28

Cammed 2.8L

Hi, I just thought I'd share my rebuilt 2.8 with a stage 2 comp cam in case anyone wants to know what it sounds like.
  9. 1984ranger28

Copper coat on Fel-pro head gasket

I got everything reassembled today and fired her up. No head gasket leaks at all. Understandably, it had a LOT more power lol. Couldnt be happier.
  10. 1984ranger28

Copper coat on Fel-pro head gasket

Hi, I recently had to take the heads due to a blown head gasket. Both heads were slightly warped so I got them resurfaced. Before I reassemble everything, I was wondering I should put copper coat on the Fel-Pro gaskets. Any suggestions are appreciated
  11. 1984ranger28

Any benefit of earlier 2.8 heads?

Hi, I was just wondering if there would be any benefits if you ran heads from an earlier 2.8 from a 1977 Mustang II.
  12. 1984ranger28

Discussion- 2.8 with 3.8 FI and SC12/14 Supercharger

Anyone know what supercharger is on that 2.8 lol
  13. 1984ranger28

Crank pulley

I actually found a 2.8 in a mustang II this weekend and was able tp get the crank pulley off of that. In case anyone was interested, heres a photo of the carnage
  14. 1984ranger28

Crank pulley

Hi, my crank pulley recently broke while I was driving. Is there any other engines ford put this pulley on? Any help is appreciated
  15. 1984ranger28

1986 Aerostar "headers" on 84 Ranger?

Hi, Ive had some Aerostar "headers" for a while now that I got for a good deal. Has anyone succesfully fitted these on their 2.8 in a Ranger? If so what did you have to do to make them fit?
  16. 1984ranger28

No power going to coil

I finally figured out the problem. The coil wire came loose inside the connector in the steering column. Plugged it back in and now it actually works lol.
  17. 1984ranger28

No power going to coil

Im still getting no voltage to the coil. I've followed the wire all the way up the connector in the steering column and no physical damage. Weirdly, it started working for a minute, then stopped after I shut off my engine. Everything in the truck works except for this wire. What could cause this?
  18. 1984ranger28

No power going to coil

Hi, I durasparked my 2.8 and used the reccomended hot wire for the coil. It worked fine until it lost voltage about a week before I rebuilt my engine. Ive had to use a jumper going from the battery to the coil. Where should I begin to look?
  19. 1984ranger28

Starter not strong enough to turn over engine.

Update: I got new 2 gauge battery cables today, now it starts again. However it wont idle under 2000 rpms. Still lots of tuning to do lol.
  20. 1984ranger28

Starter not strong enough to turn over engine.

Hi, tonight I fired my 2.8 up for the first time and broke in the camshaft. Everything went fantastic except now the starter wont turn over the engine now that the rings have seated. My first thought was that I seized the engine, but after taking all the spark plugs out, it turns over freely...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad