• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. RangerRough

96 ranger 4.0 4x4 vs 2wd frame dimensions/measurments/schematics needed!

i looked all throughout the tech library for frame measurements and blueprints/schematics of the two and cant find anything except for stock factory truck dimensions which i do not need. does anybody have frame diagrams of either the 4wd or 2wd, it would help me out alot because junk yards are...
  2. RangerRough

4R55E swap to M50D-R1 96 ranger 4.0 4x4

I looked for guides in the tech library for awhile, i was wondering if anyone has a link to a good guide 4R55E swap to M50D-R1 96 ranger 4.0 4x4 i would greatly appreciate it. also, i was doing some researching and found that i need to swap the computer in my ranger if i go from the automatic...
  3. RangerRough

96 Ranger Dana 35 NO GEAR LUBE :(

i completely rebuilt my front steering and suspension, drained my gear oil and replaced axle seals and bearings, etc. Finished up replacing pretty much everything and began to bleed my brakes with anticipation to drive my truck to get aligned and test her out. I FORGOT TO REFILL MY GEAR...
  4. RangerRough

Front passenger axle disengaging splines.

96 ranger 4.0 4x4 ttb dana 35 rebuilt my front end on my project truck and went to use 4wd and me and my buddy noticed an unpleasant ticking sound. We discovered that the axle is free floating. The spindle locking nut system is nice and tight, i purchased new locking nut systems for both...
  5. RangerRough

I have a Steering box question 😁

I replaced pretty much all my steering components, when doing so, i came accross my drop pitman arm and it barely moving side to side. I have a video, but it wont let me post for some reason. So, my question; Is it normal for there to be slight movement coming from the steering box.
  6. RangerRough

What seal is this? Is it an axel boot?

96 ranger 4wd, 4.0, dana 35, manual hubs, abs. Anyone know what seal this is?
  7. RangerRough

96 ranger crossover spindles.

Searching for some spindles, bronco graveyard I believe are sold out. i have a 96 ranger 4.0, 4wd, dana 35 with manual hubs and abs, with the 4r55e tranny. im going through the entire steering and suspension and found the previous owner welded a bearing onto the spindle. I went to junk yard...
  8. RangerRough

166 degree warn hubs

hello community! I checked the temperature of my new hubs when i was out today crawling around in a mixture of 4 low/high and my hubs were hot to the touch, so one side was 161 and the other was 166 degrees. I am running a 96 ranger 4x4 4.0 on 35's with the warn jeep hub swap. what is the...
  9. RangerRough

Superlift Superrunner Steering System 1024 will work with my 96 Ranger XLT 4x4 4.0?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/slf-1024?seid=srese1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInpbvh_Gf5AIVGMpkCh2njQYREAYYASABEgKgx_D_BwE Does anyone know if this custom steering will work with my 96 ranger xlt 4x4 4.0? says its for the bronco II and f-150, those trucks use the same exact TTB as my ranger...
  10. RangerRough

96 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT 4.0 leaning to driver side after Class II skyjacker 6" lift installed,

Hello everyone, been awhile. I come seeking more knowledge from the community. I recently installed a Skyjacker Class II 6 inch lift and now my truck leans to left (even with me out of it). I am wondering what could be causing it to lean? Seems like both front and rear driver sides are leaning...
  11. RangerRough

96 ranger ttb dana 35 knuckle swap

Hello community! Been doing a lot of research and come to a crossroads. Im installing a class II skyjacker 6” lift to fit 35” tires, i was reading the builders guide and it stated that its advantageous to swap stub and knuckle from a dana 44 if you plan on running 35” or lager tires. Then i read...
  12. RangerRough

I want to install a new temp gauge!

Sooo, i am kind of a temperature/oil pressure ocd freak and was wondering if someone could help me choose a gauge cluster that is larger and will mount anywhere other than the standard spot behind the steering wheel. I own a 96 ranger 4.0 4x4. I was doing a little research but i got lost pretty...
  13. RangerRough

Skyjacker 6” m95 performance lift kit thoughts?

Hello community! I am having a difficult time choosing a lift kit for my 96 ranger 4x4. TRS recommends skyjacker and I am new to building a ranger. I was thinking of buying the 6” m95 performance lift kit for $2400, so I did some research about skyjacker kits and got some disturbing results...
  14. RangerRough

96 ranger 4.0 4x4 8.8 rear end with 4.88’s

Hello community! I am seeking knowledge about the auto trans in my recently purchased 96 ranger 4.0. My buddy says they are complete garbage. I am taking it in today or tomorrow to be rebuilt and new torque converter. I tried for a long time to find one with a manual tranny but everyone holds on...
  15. RangerRough

96 ranger 4.0 auto transmission reliabilty

Hello community! I am seeking knowledge about the auto trans in my recently purchased 96 ranger 4.0. My buddy says they are complete garbage. I am taking it in today or tomorrow to be rebuilt and new torque converter. I tried for a long time to find one with a manual tranny but everyone holds on...
  16. RangerRough

96 Ranger bumper that works with warn winch?

Building my first offraod ranger and need a few tips, i want to install a warn winch, can anyone lead me in the right direction for a bumper that would work with the warn winch, 96 ranger xlt. My combined funds for winch and bumper is $1000-$1200
  17. RangerRough

Howdy Y'all!

New member here !!!! I am excited, just purchased my first Ranger to pursue my dream offroad vehicle :) 96 XLT Ranger I-beam 4.5'' lift 8.8 regeared to 4.88 rear end. Hope to have great conversations with all members and very eager to learn from the best. I currently live in SoCal and my name is...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad