• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. More bearing issues. Somebody just shoot me now

Referencing this thread: Brake job gone wrong 94 B4000. Manual hubs from a 92. Quick synopsis of the above thread. Bought the truck with 80k on it a couple years ago. It developed a front bearing growl so I replaced them with Timken stuff. Drove it for a few months and took it for safety...
  2. obd1 = obd FUN... OR, why I am mad at my truck right now

Help me dive into these codes before I start throwing parts at it. 94 Mazda B4000. Driving: Part throttle cruise is surging almost like a misfire but not rough-running. Almost as if you are cycling the AC compressor on and off rapidly or instantly going from 40-60% throttle about 5 times per...
  3. Now a good time for headers?

94 B4000. Had to remove exhaust for a clutch job and (yay rust belt) busted the manifold flange bolts. Having trouble finding a driver's side manifold with EGR. Should I just go with headers? How bad are the $250 kits on Amazon or Ebay?
  4. Good steering box?

As much as I'd love a rack and pinion, 4x4 and twin I beam makes that no bueno. My current box is really sloppy, and judging by the binding I get, it has already been tightened... maybe too much. Looking for a good replacement. My experience with reman steering boxes has been awful. None of...
  5. Wanted WTB interior door panel(s) and maybe headliner

94 Mazda B4000 ext cab. Looking for good door trim panels. PW/PL/PMirrors. Mine have become brittle and most of the clips have broken off so they rattle. Prefer tan, but could dye them if you have gray. Important part is that they are in good condition. Only need driver's side, but if you...
  6. 5.0 swap... unless you can come up with a better idea

These past two weeks towing the boat on vacation really convinced me I need more oomph than my 4.0L OHV can provide. For the longest time I've been craving a diesel swap, but it's difficult to find one in the 3-4 liter range that has A) a decent aftermarket, B) doesn't cost a fortune, and C)...
  7. fuel injector part number

I'm having trouble finding correct fuel injectors for my 94 B4000. Does anyone have the Ford or Mazda part number so I can cross reference? Both the Ford and Mazda parts websites only show gaskets and filters for the fuel system so I can't find it there.
  8. When a brake job goes wrong - how to fix this

94 B4000 4wd with manual hubs I decided to do the brakes today. I pulled the driver's side apart to find that the lock nut was only finger tight, but the bearing nut was as expected and the bearings were properly set. No worries, I thought. I guessed the previous owner just didn't do it...
  9. Wanted Need valve covers - OHV

I have a 94 4.0L OHV. I tore it all apart for leaking valve covers and a fuel injector cleaning only to find that the valve covers are toast. The driver's side is actually torn somehow right by a bolt hole. Instead of trying to weld and warp this swiss cheese valve cover, wondering if anyone...
  10. Looking for a clutch. Guidance?

94 B4000. I've decided that I'm done trying to fix my non-disengaging clutch from the outside. I have bled twice, once traditionally and once with vacuum, and two different shops tried - one did the inverted master cylinder thing, and one used that fancy reverse bleeder thing. PO had receipts...
  11. M5R1 shifter mods

94 B4000. I would love a shorter throw, but I'm A) cheap, and B) don't want the noise of an aftermarket shifter. I like the quiet I get with the stock rubber-impregnated stick. Has anyone taken the longer R2 stub/ball and spaced up an R1 shifter cup somehow? I suppose I could try to find a...
  12. Spark plug wires

I've learned in my years of running repair shops that Ford EEC-IV stuff sometimes doesn't play well with aftermarket or cheap parts-store ignition parts. I need to do plugs and wires on my 94 B4000. The correct Motorcraft plugs are easy to find. I'm having trouble finding OEM wires. Even...
  13. Laundry list of little dumb problems

94 B4000 4x4/M5OD 104k miles. I have a bunch of dumb stuff that is going to require taking the Fordzda to the shop. I've been working 70 hour weeks and I'm currently without garage space (and it's bloody cold here). I thought I'd run some of these problems by you folks in case you have ideas...
  14. So, what's the fix for our slave cylinders?

When I bought my 94 B4000, the seller produced receipts for new master, slave, and clutch. Upon looking under the hood and under the truck, I noticed the new master. Looking under, I noticed a brand new shiny bleeder, and tell-tale greasy fingerprints all over the transmission and T-case. It...
  15. Vapor lock?

About three times in the last year, my 94 B4000 has a hiccup. It cranks and starts and runs rough and barely idles at about 500 rpm. I can usually get through it with modest throttle or just waiting a bit. It will run rough for 30 seconds or so, then kicks in with a misfire on one cylinder...
  16. Diesel anyone?

I would love to do a diesel swap in my 94 B4000... but not a boring Mitsu or Mazda diesel swap. Too small and not enough output. My first thought was an OM617, but they are a full 11" longer than my V6. I don't think I can get the radiator far enough forward without mounting it in front of...
  17. Door panel interchange

94 Mazda B4000, power windows, locks, mirrors. I took the door panels of to upgrade to 6x9 speakers and 04 Ranger mirrors. In the process, I noticed that three of the door retaining tabs were broken (which explains the rattle), the lower screw hole had broken out of the plastic, and the black...
  18. occasional misfire - 94 B4000

Getting a frustrating misfire every once in a while. List of all the symptoms (maybe related, maybe not) - sometimes when I start it up, I get a misfire; a little shake. It seems rhythmic like it's one cylinder, not random which makes me suspect ignition - Yesterday after having sat for a...
  19. HD swap? Real benefits?

My M5R1 in my 94 B4000 is just not shifting right. It only has 97k on it. I have tried three different fluids (MercV, RP Synchromax, PZ Synchromesh) and no matter what I do, the first and second synchros just aren't doing their jobs. I have fully ruled out the clutch. Not only is it a brand...
  20. Ladder rack... how do you solve for the slanted bed rails?

Trying to install a ladder rack on my 94 B4000. Nightmare. The uprights are fixed so when I bolt them down they splay out. I tried drilling the sides and bolting into the stake pocket as well, but the bottom line is, the top section of the plate isn't flat on the bedrail so it's wobbly. The...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad