• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Uncle Gump

George HW Bush's Fountian boat up for auction

Not my cup of tea really... thought @Jim Oaks might want to add it to the TRS fleet?
  2. Uncle Gump

Sump pump question

So our rental house needs a sump pump replacement. My question is about the discharge check valve. The current valve was installed in a poor place. I also didn't see hose clamps that hold it in place... I'm thinking it may be glued in? My question is can a second check valve be put in line...
  3. Uncle Gump

Am I missing something?

This will make the third year in a row that I will likely have a bad battery. My truck has sat for 4 or 5 days (this is consistent with the past years also) and I go to start it and the battery has degraded to the point it won't start the engine. This only happens after setting several days. I...
  4. Uncle Gump

Exhaust pipe sealant

I finally have time and the weather seems like it will cooperate. I have a MRBP stainless exhaust and it came with band clamps. I've never had much luck with them not leaking. I typically do a smear of exhaust putty when assembling the joints. I've seen a lot of people recommending high temp...
  5. Uncle Gump

Debris proofing the cowl vents

Looking for input... I found some thin perforated SS sheets and have thoughts of screwing trimmed to fit pieces of it over the cowl vents. Should keep the big stuff out and still allow adequate air flow in. The neighbor has a big oak and we have lots of squirrels. They sit in the tree and drop...
  6. Uncle Gump

Gambler 500... Michigan

While over in Michigan last week... I took the time to see some of my best friends and wrenching/business partners to catch up a bit. I so miss being in that area... the shop full of tools... our race cars... dune buggies... so many memories. One thing my friends kids do is the gambler 500...
  7. Uncle Gump

Installing vinyl flooring

So... I have some water intrusion into my Bronco II. I pulled the interior and removed the carpet and batting. It was soaked. I have new vinyl flooring coming to install. The floors have been covered in Dynomat (or similar product) and was wondering about the batting. The PO had covered the...
  8. Uncle Gump

Affordable Offroad sale

Just got this email yesterday. Discount doesn't start until 3/1... but it's a pretty good deal if you're in the market for bumpers.
  9. Uncle Gump

2.9L IAC questions

So I've done a little testing on my IAC. Key ON I could feel it "click" but it didn't appear to be doing its job. I pulled it and it wasn't plugged up solid but I spent a little time cleaning it and put it back on. Same thing... click but not working. So I pulled it back off and tried bench...
  10. Uncle Gump

General Grabber X3

Anyone have any experience with these. Offroad performance... Tread wear... Road noise... Balance easily... I found a deal on 33x10.50x15's and will probably be the best price I ever find for that size MT. But I'm hoping to hear some real reviews.
  11. Uncle Gump

Covid for Christmas

My wife brought that home for me... God I love her. She had been vaxed while I was going through radiation treatments last year. I never got vaxed. A couple days later she was fine... day after Christmas I ended up in ER. I never got admitted but got three breathing treatments... x-rayed and the...
  12. Uncle Gump

2024 Ranger

This just showed up in my list... https://youtube.com/shorts/dABp0XoQ9UQ?feature=share
  13. Uncle Gump

Car ramps

I'm not really sold on car ramps. But my experience with them is really from probably 30 plus years ago. My wife's escape is just a hassle for me to get under and I find myself considering buying a set of ramps to maybe ease the pain. I was looking at these and wondered if anybody here has any...
  14. Uncle Gump

In California by 2035... all new vehicle sales will be zero emissions vehicle. They say several other states plan to follow their lead.
  15. Uncle Gump

Winter storage options

I really don't want the Bronco sitting outside all winter again. I'm going to look into some indoor storage... I'm afraid of what that cost. My single car garage is full and storing there is just not gonna happen. I've thought about one of those tarp garages but I also don't have room to set it...
  16. Uncle Gump

Just when i had made up my mind...

... to remove the rear seats from the G-Unit... my daughter and future son in law stop by and tell me I'm gonna be a grandpa.
  17. Uncle Gump

Bronco II 2.9L fuel pump

So my 86 uses the in tank pump and the frame mounted in line high pressure pump. As of yesterday... they're both inop. Is there an in tank high pressure pump that fits my sending unit and I can just lluminate the frame mounted high pressure pump? I'm not sure what year Ford just went with the...
  18. Uncle Gump

Pressure washer

I'm in the market for a pressure washer. After much thought I want to go electric. Mainly because I want my wife to be able to easily use it and.... I'm not sure I want another gasoline engine to maintain right now. I know the electric models fall short on performance vs. gas powered but for...
  19. Uncle Gump

April Showers...

Bring... I thought it has been a bit cold and a little early too. But I stumbled onto these. We got a good soaker yesterday. Gonna have to try a few places hard for the next couple days... before they're picked out. Probably look for some wild asparagus in my journey too.
  20. Uncle Gump

17 Ford Escape... Engine Fault Service Now

I get that message on the message center... select OK... it goes away but the Information indicator remains illuminated. There is no check engine light and it drives really good with no drivability issues. I haven't tried to pull codes yet but the vehicle will be here all day tomorrow and the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad