• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. wiring harness

Can someone give me a source of wiring harnesses. I need to replace the engine compartment wiring on a 1988 2.9 4x4. it needs to include the injector wiring.
  2. 1988 2.9 distributor

I need to advance my distributor one tooth on the cam drive. Can I raise the distributor just far enough to do this with out disconnecting the oil pump drive piece? Is the oil pump drive piece long enough to stay connected so I dont have to fiddle with it to drop the distributor back in?
  3. oil pressure switch

What is the correct method tool or gadget to remove the engine oil pressure switch? 88 2.9 engine in the vehicle.
  4. clutch electrical

88 ranger 2.9. does the clutch need to be depressed for ignition spark on starting?. I am using a remote button on the solenoid to test a new engine installation and get no spark. do I need someone in the cab holding the pedal down? Starter cranks ok and I cant find anything relevant in the...
  5. electrical terminology

88 2.9 is the spout connector also referred to as the shorting bar on a ford schematic?
  6. wiring diagram

None of my manuals have enough detail in the wiring diagrams, Chilton, Haynes, Clymer or internet search and I am trying to get a factory manual with no luck. What do you folks use when your are down to tracing wires, connectors and especially grounds? 88 Ranger 2.9. I dont want to buy a new...
  7. 2.9 spout connector

Can someone please post a photo of the ignition timing spout connector showing what it looks like and where it is located. Can NOT find mine. 88 Ranger 2.9
  8. 2.9 steering pulley

All of the parts stores keep trying to sell me a serpentine type power steering pulley for my 88 2.9 Ranger. It is the standard single v-belt but I cant get anyone to provide the right part. Any help or ideas appreciated.
  9. 2.9 power steering

Does anyone know the thread size on the inside of the power steering pump shaft. Need this for installing the pulley.
  10. Clutch line hydraulic pressure.

Can anyone tell me the actual hydraulic pressure (PSI) that the clutch line has in it when depressed fully and actuating the slave cylinder. I am considering making a different clutch line to get rid of the problems involved in bleeding the clutch. 88 Ranger 2.9. Ooopsie I just realized this...
  11. Pilot Bearing/Bushing

Getting ready to reinstall the flywheel and clutch but I do not see a pilot "bearing" in the end of the crank. It looks like just a "bushing". I didnt lose anything when the engine came out. Is this correct? 88 2.9 manual transmission.
  12. exhaust gaskets

Is there a recommended sealer or gasket (or none required) where the stock exhaust manifolds bolt up to the stock Y pipe? 88 2.9. I am not finding where there ever was a gasket or donut.
  13. 2.9 fuel injector color code.

Can someone guide me to a color coded fuel injector wiring diagram. 88 Ranger 2.9. All of my injector number tags have rotted away.
  14. ECM location

Could someone tell me where the ECM is located on a 1988 2.9
  15. 2.9 injector install

When reinstalling the injectors and fuel manifold what is a good sequence to follow? Injectors into the intake manifold first and then fit the fuel manifold to the top of the injectors or injectors installed in the fuel manifold and then try to wiggle them into the intake?
  16. confused again

Just put heads on the 88 Ranger 2.9. Reinstalling the distributor is causing me some confusion. I'm sure I have #1 piston at TDC on the compression stroke, the rotor is pointing at #1 cyl, but the cap (with #1 factory marked) doesnt line up with the rotor at #1. It almost two positions later...
  17. permanent pressure gauge

I want to install a permanent fuel pressure gauge but I cant find the right thread adapter to attach my gauge to the fuel rail. Anyone know what threads are on the current schrader valve. 88 ranger 2.9

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad