• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ford4wd08

Papaw's BII

Small update, as I drove to work today, the odometer rolled over to 70,000 miles (I'm fairly certain those are original), regardless, I've put right at 10,000 miles on this rig since I picked it up in 2019. Not too bad, my mileage has slowed down a lot since my commute went from 30 miles one...
  2. ford4wd08

A4LD swap

Yes you can manually do it by a switch. I did it for a bit, gets old, but it does work. I still have a switch in series in mine so I can deactivate it if need be.
  3. ford4wd08

A4LD swap

The A4LD has two versions. A 2 wire (one solenoid) that was available until mid '87 I believe and a 3 wire (two solenoid) after mid '87 until it was discontinued. The plug is located on the driver's side front lip of the pans if I recall correctly. You can operate a 2 wire without a computer...
  4. ford4wd08

Cooling Question - First Gen.

Might be easier to just stick with what I have. The 160 stat is working well, I just put it in this last fall. It does get to operating temp, but just a little slower. That is in the winter, in the summer I'm sure it will heat up no problem. Sadly I've been driving my new to me F250 since I...
  5. ford4wd08

Looks like this relocates the temp sending unit too compared to the other style? Is it a simple swap to this upper unit, would love to have my thermostat on top of engine, it is such a pain on the lower one to have to change it or drain it.
  6. ford4wd08

I have a lower stat on my B2 and had no idea it used a different style thermostat. I believe I replaced the original and don't remember it looking like the one you have pictured. I currently have a high flow one from rock auto in my that is 160 degrees, it takes a while to warm up, but it...
  7. ford4wd08

New to me 2017 F250 6.7 Powerstroke

Was able to get my power side steps on tonight. Definitely needed with this mile high rig!
  8. ford4wd08

New to me 2017 F250 6.7 Powerstroke

So, my latest F150 is a '16 CCSB with the 2.7 Ecoboost. It has been a fairly good truck to me, but with towing our toy hauler to my son's motocross races, it left me wanting a little more when doing that sort of travel. My wife wants to go to a bigger toy hauler, so I decided to look around for...
  9. ford4wd08

Duraspark conversion.

That is a square TFI coil, don't use that one unless you are running a HEI setup. You need the round duraspark coil.
  10. ford4wd08

Papaw's F350 Dually

Back to body work on this one this weekend. I did do something today I hope works out well. I kept seeing the OBS guys online swap in rear seats from later model crew cabs instead of the factory bench seats. So, I did some looking at our local junk yard who has an online system and found an 02...
  11. ford4wd08

Jason's 96 F150 5.0

In case you guys were on pins and needles over this.... It ended up being a failed lifter and bent pushrods. How that happened, I'm not sure I'll ever know. The shop ended up replacing all of the lifters and pushrods with a couple of other odds and ends. Runs very well now. I still could...
  12. ford4wd08

Prices

A big repair bill on a 97 is still a lot less than a much newer truck. When I finish my 1 ton truck build I'll have a new engine for what a set of turbos would run on my Ecoboost 😀
  13. ford4wd08

Prices

I think the tow haul works quiet well on my '16 F150, I use it when towing the boat and the camper.
  14. ford4wd08

2.8 "Dieseling" When Turning Off

I have a feeling the water pump might need to be replaced at some point, but the flow seems to be ok for now. I have a NOS one on the shelf, but have yet to install it. The radiator is new as is the fan clutch. Shroud is in place. I'll drive it for a while see what happens. I'm getting...
  15. ford4wd08

Decided to check the upper radiator hose today after driving home with the AC on and letting the bronco idle for a minute in the driveway for a bit. 76 degrees outside. I'm pretty happy with around 190 degrees and can only imagine it will be slightly warmer when the temps are up in the summer...
  16. ford4wd08

I forgot about that page. I have looked over it in the past. I'll look through it again. I guess I never realized you could have a dashpot and solenoid in the same assembly like in the one pictured on that page.
  17. ford4wd08

Haven't had any trouble since I turned the idle down with Dieseling, hopefully that will keep it at bay. In the mean time I've done a little more research on solenoids for the carb. I found what looks to be what Ford used on the 2150 carbs as "idle stop" so I went ahead and bought one on...
  18. ford4wd08

We covered the stat location and temp back in this thread. https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php?threads/temp-gage-quit-working.191658/page-2
  19. ford4wd08

It was recommended on here a while ago. That sets operating temp to 180ish because it is a lower thermo stat housing on the bottom hose of radiator. I ran a 180 in the lower and it was running a little hotter than I liked with AC on in the summer. Hovering over 200. Probably not the worst, but...
  20. ford4wd08

'85 Bronco 2 Windshield Wiper Mechanism

Yes you can pull out the tab and lock the arm up out of the way. It is the same way as removing them, but it will hold them up.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad