• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Starter grinding problem

The 10 tooth bendix fixed my grinding issues, its been over a month and no more grinding. When I made the change I also switched to longer bolts with a shoulder about the same length width as the starter flange and I wrapped the shoulders on the bolts with aluminum tape. My thought was to keep...
  2. starter grinding issues

Mad Max thanks for the details. It fixed the starter grinding on my 2.9. The only thing you didn't mention was that it makes your Ford sound like a Mopar when it starts.
  3. 88 Ranger 2.9 Exhaust Manifolds

That doesn't look like an EGR port. I think it is for the flexible hot air duct that routes to the air box. There should be a port about the same size on the air box facing the engine. It shouldn't hurt anything to leave it alone. I removed the flex duct and sheet metal shroud when I replaced my...
  4. Catch Can - weird (but good) results

I bit and picked up an oil catch too. I installed it this weekend using you pictures as a guide. It really improved the idle on my 1988 Ranger with 183k. It used to bounce and stumble when warm and now it is rock steady at about 900 RPM. Thanks for the posting.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad