• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Danno1985

Ideas to make doors close softer/eliminate rattles

My first cheap fix attempt is going to be to apply some silicone lube and see if that gets the OEM seals to puff back up a bit. If that doesn't help, my next move is to insert some silicone tubing into the weep holes and thread it through the weatherstripping. I saw a few posts about this on...
  2. Danno1985

225/70/15 vs 235/75/15

My experience with 2 different Rangers, both with the Duratec 2.3, one a 5-speed regular cab (3/73 rear end), the other (current) a 4-speed auto super cab (4.10), is that 235/75r15 is tolerable ONLY if you have the 5-speed and a regular cab. Anything bigger than that and 5th gear is useless...
  3. Danno1985

Here’s what my latches look like. Nothing here looks particularly bad to me. I’m not getting any up-down play in the hinges, so I don’t think that’s an Issue. I’m wondering if it makes sense to try some type of diy bushing out of pvc pipe or something. It’d have to be pretty thin. The gaskets do...
  4. Danno1985

I’m not sure if they changed the design at some point, but the latch pin on mine is a black-painted metal loop. There doesn’t appear to be a place for a bushing to go, so perhaps the newer trucks just have doors that feel cheaper to close? I looked at a couple pictures from listings on Bring A...
  5. Danno1985

Oh yeah, if the windows are partway down, it's brutal. That being said, the issue isn't so much the rattle itself, it's the fact that when the door shuts, it feels like there's no damping whatsoever - just a "bang". That's what makes me worried that something else, whether a brittle plastic...
  6. Danno1985

Hey y'all, I have a 2011 XLT Super Cab (2 doors) with just over 127k. Like both previous older Rangers I've owned, the doors seem to require a pretty significant amount of force to shut. Because I'm familiar with my truck's quirks, I have a techique down where I'm able to lose the doors gently...
  7. Danno1985

Winter Tire Pressure

I just run mine 35 year round and it seems to provide a good balance of wear, fuel economy and load capacity without making the ride unbearably stiff. I run dedicated snow tires in the winter, and the softer compound feels sloppy at 30. I also want to avoid outer edge wear. The extra pressure...
  8. Danno1985

2.3L ('02-'11) Here's a new one for y'all

Thanks. So far they’ve been very dismissive, so I’ve just been telling everyone including local news that Airbnb looks the other way when its hosts allow their rentals to turn into “problem” houses that attract this shit, and finally just now I got a reply from an actual human. So, we’ll see how...
  9. Danno1985

That’s the plan. I have very little confidence the kids who did this will be caught, but I also know Airbnb has liability coverage for property damage. The owner apparently doesn’t even have a license to run a short-term rental.
  10. Danno1985

I actually do have comprehensive coverage, so I agree, but so far Progressive is doing their usual dance. No rental, “oh, we’ll take care of you - once you meet your deductible.” No police report out yet which doesn’t help. I just have a feeling progressive isn’t going to put any effort into...
  11. Danno1985

Yeah, not a great situation and all things considered, we’re pretty lucky to be unharmed. Happened at an Airbnb that’s apparently a known underage “party house”. Multiple complaints from neighbors and it finally came to this. The negligent host apparently doesn’t even have a license to operate a...
  12. Danno1985

Yeah, I had the same thought about the hole in the bumper - seems like a pretty straight entry to me, but I couldn't for the life of me find anything punctured directly behind it the first time I looked. Didn't get a pic, but the hole in the radiator was up and to the right of the one in the...
  13. Danno1985

Ok, this is helpful. I bet if I go back there in the morning with this in mind I'll be able to figure out where it actually entered the radiator. I expected the hole to be directly behind the one in the bumper and was a bit baffled. Cops said they had .45s. I'm assuming even with that caliber...
  14. Danno1985

Yeah, nerve-wracking to say the least. You're right, even a nice, clean truck is replaceable at the end of the day, but if this had happened while we were loading, the outcome could've been very different. Bandmate got one through her car's trunk as well.
  15. Danno1985

Last night, I was playing a gig. Finished up, walked outside and the entire block was surrounded by police tape. I guess there was an argument at a teenage Airbnb house party and some dips**ts decided it'd be a great idea to have a Wild West shootout in the middle of the street. 😡 I couldn't get...
  16. Danno1985

Wanted 15" Aluminum Wheels for 2010 Ranger

Believe so, but thanks for the heads-up, I’ll double check.
  17. Danno1985

Wanted 15" Aluminum Wheels for 2010 Ranger

Looking for a set of either these: or these: My truck is minty so they'd have to be in good shape; I'm not interested if they're all chewed up or corroded. Looking for something I can pick up within an hour or two of Milwaukee, WI. Thanks!
  18. Danno1985

Tire size

Good point there as well. Seems counterintuitive - you'd think more tread contacting the road would feel more stable at highway speeds in the rain, but the wider the tread the further water has to travel to evacuate. I've never run wider tires on my trucks, but when I had a '98 Crown Vic LX...
  19. Danno1985

Why are these tires so cheap?

When I bought my 1st-gen Tacoma (RIP), it came with a brand new set of these. They were ok but sucked in the rain (about what you’d expect from any M/T), and they did wear noticeably fast; I probably would’ve gotten 25-30k out of them if I had kept them, but I sold the set and got some Michelin...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad