• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. USCGC130

1997 ranger trail truck build! UPDATED She got rolled and I bought it back for $231

Thank you for the suggested places to look, I did check that tag on the core support but it didn't have the vin just some other codes, I've searched the frame rails too and mine aren't too badly rusted but the markings I have found are not the vin. ill keep looking if not I'll figure something out.
  2. USCGC130

1997 ranger trail truck build! UPDATED She got rolled and I bought it back for $231

Well sorry for the delay, its been busy here with work, I had a couple months of studying for a qualification and an advancement test and then had a vacation lol, but in-between all that I have got to make a bit of progress on the truck and finally just drove it out of the neighborhood for the...
  3. USCGC130

Thanks Paul, yea, agreed rangers are going for more than I could have ever imagined. To think I build this ranger because I refused to pay the used Toyota prices and now even rangers are getting up there. I found one in the junk yard that may be usable for the upper cab, it sucks that it has the...
  4. USCGC130

Uncle Gump, thank you for the concern, luckily it was me and a buddy and not my wife, and it was a slow rollover. I will try to straighten the cab up as best I can, I'm really not touching it too much until insurance pays me, but ill see what the hammer and maybe a jack and some wood blocks can...
  5. USCGC130

Well its with a heavy heart I have to say that I rolled my ranger up here in Alaska, I came around a corner on some black ice, got spun backwards and then had a fairly slow roll over and ended up on the roof. I'm broken hearted after all the work I put into it, insurance classified it as a...
  6. USCGC130

Thanks! And I am still rocking 3.73’s they have done fine but I do use 4 lo fairly often when off road, if I could find a really good deal on a 4:10 rear end with disk brakes or a FX4 lvl 2 with the Torsen LS I would probably just regear the front to 4:10, but ideally I would like to go to 4.56...
  7. USCGC130

rear axle shaft bent? with video

Good idea I don’t think I’ve done that, they are brand new BFG s but this tire was the one on the bent rim and now on the new rim it still took 4.5 oz to balance, but I put it up front and when the wife gets home we’ll be going on a drive and see if I can feel it up front. thanks for the input...
  8. USCGC130

rear axle shaft bent? with video

Hey guys, so my truck (97 ranger 4.0 OHV, 124K miles) has alwasy had a weird hop to it, some time i can notice i at slow speeds, its really bad above 60 MPH. I have a Skyjacker lift with rear lift springs and new shocks, i have checked my pinion angle and it seems right on at about 5 degree, i...
  9. USCGC130

I got the blend door fixed yesterday, it was really pretty straight forward and only took maybe 90 mins to get done with exception the the actuator back screw, for the life of me i could not get it in, i had to have tried 50 times, fished the screw out with a magnet half of those and i could get...
  10. USCGC130

"Barn" find '95

Shran, is there any build planned for this truck or is it just going to a nice clean daily driver?
  11. USCGC130

Thanks for all the kind words and a big thanks to Jim for featuring the truck on the TRS homepage, it really means alot to me that others like what ive done. So the sliders are on the back burner right now, i had a clicking/clanging noise from my driver side front wheel and decided ill do all my...
  12. USCGC130

I I would probably do home brew too if I didn’t have ruffstuff so close. I have a buddy who got some built for a tundra and he spent over 1200$ Installed.... that’s crazy to me, but he also spent 1200 on lights before doing any real offroad mods.. I think he does it for the gram lol
  13. USCGC130

Jim, ive been to ruffstuff For a couple quick visits just to grab parts, they are super friendly! I got my Ubolts from them along with some premade gussets, just to keep on hand. funny you mention morgan I follow him on IG and message him once in awhile, his ranger is almost identical to mine...
  14. USCGC130

damn!! Thank you for the reassurance that I should definitely get them lol does that door open at all? Or do you just NASCAR It through the window?
  15. USCGC130

I forgot i made this hitch flag pole right before the 4th! It turned out great and was good welding practice before i buy the new ruffstuff DIY rock slider kit, and give it a go, ill feel much more comfortable wheeling harder with out the risk of permanently jamming a door closed, at $300 it...
  16. USCGC130

I finally got the truck out on some trails and a camping trip, took everything with me, kayak and the motorcycle! Everything did well, except i had to use 4x4 low to get up the steep hills, i really need to get gears! But for now ill just get by with low. We did 4 days/3 nights covered probably...
  17. USCGC130

Jim, you and me both! This truck deserves to finally see some trail action, i do have a 4 day camping trip planned in july with some off roading. Now that things are opening up again here in comifonia hopefully ill make a good day trip ASAP. Between my modified work schedule (which includes one...
  18. USCGC130

yea jolene, thats a good point, we looked at it yesterday and didnt think it would be too short, but after you saying that, its got me thinking that since my bed will be pretty heavy with tent and gear and 5-10 gallons of spare fuel and the spare tire AND i plan on hanging 350+ pounds...
  19. USCGC130

So i got a little bored today and wanted to see how much drop out i have from the rear end, and while doing so decided with a buddy that im probably going to cut off my rear lower shock mounts and swing them up the axle tube a bit to help with clearance ( one less thing to catch on an obstacle...
  20. USCGC130

Skyjacker 4” lift with radius arms tire rub.

Truck looks great, good job! I also have 33x10.5, mine are on the rims that came on the truck (15x7). I love the tall skinny look, i really wanted the MAXXIS RAZR M/T's since they also come in 33x10.5 but decided on BFG K02s to help with gas milage a quiet ride, and easier to find a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad