• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Transmission gear shifter cable

06 ranger sport 3.0 2WD Automatic Any one know the part number to the Automatic Transmission Gear Shifter Cable or a link to one? Every time I search it pulls them up but then when I click on it it'll tell me that doesn't fit my year
  2. Keys locked in

Not sure if this Isallowed and if not please remove. 2006 Ford Ranger 3.0 2WD Prob gonna get craps for this but is there any easy way into a locked ranger? As you can assume by head title...yes I locked my keys in. No power locks or anything all manual
  3. Crank, no start

Changed fuel filter, truck started up fine drove around for about 10-15 mins and hasn't started since and i don't hear my fuel pump coming on now. Have constant 12v to one pin on fp relay, relay ohms out at 70 something and inertia switch is reading 6 point something volts. Does this mean my...
  4. 06 ranger sport 3.0 rwd

Pulled my transmission and put in a used one. I got it in there and all hooked up fine. Went into park and cycled through all the gears. Now fast-forward a couple weeks and she no longer goes in park or first unless I get under the truck and move the lever. Then yesterday I got a code for a...
  5. 06 Ford ranger 3.0 rwd trans swap

In process of trying to swap trans out and can't get the new used one to mesh up properly. I can get a couple bolts started to kinda hold it but I can't get the lower housing bolts to pull it on the pins. It's almost like something is stopping it from pulling in. Things we've done already are...
  6. Head gasket change

Gonna be changing my head gaskets out soon and had a question about the valve lash. Do i need to set my valve lash or not, read a couple other forums saying that it's automatic but idk with my truck. I've rebuilt a couple 350s and we would always just spin the push rod till it got a little tight...
  7. Coolant alternatives

Is there a cheaper alternative to motorcraft premium gold coolant? Would like to drain and replace coolant but really don't wanna spend $100 on fluid if there is a cheaper safe alternative. Will if i need to though.
  8. Trouble starting

When I try to start my truck it will start but then shake an try to die unless I feed it gas. It does it randomly not on every start. It first started after I would fuel up but the other day I drove 2 blocks up to the post office and it did it when I came back out an tried to start it. I'm...
  9. Starting issue

Not sure if this is in the right forum or not so apologies if it isn't. About two weeks ago I filled my truck up with gas an when I went to start it, it started real rough idle wouldn't go over 500 and it bogged out and died. Started it again did the same thing so I gave it a little gas an it...
  10. Temp gauge

Temp guage will move from cold to normal then drop back to cold. After about 5-10mins of driving it will reach normal operating temp and stay. Could this be the thermostat trying to stick open? 2006 Ford Ranger 3.0 RWD
  11. Recommended weight

Looking for a recommended weight to put in the back of my RWD ranger without jeopardizing steering or traction up front. Live in Missouri so weather is pretty unpredictable most of the time.
  12. Hard start

Not really sure if I'm posting this on the right forum but I have a 2006 Ford ranger sport 3.0 RWD. It starts right up Everytime but when I first start it,it seems like it has a hard or rough sounding start like it's drawing to much air or gas maybe not sure. My rpm will jump to 2000 then drop...
  13. Headlights

Need help adjusting headlights up. Replaced the housing bc they were to foggy. The housing has 3 studs and one had a screw that moves the head lamp up some but not enough and it's maxed. I've read on other forums you can lock on to the stud right below it with a socket and it will adjust it to...
  14. Passenger side mirror

2006 Ford Ranger Sport 3.0 RWD Passenger side mirror keeps moving out of place it's not electric and gas no way to adjust from inside truck I have to get out and manually push my mirrors where I want them. The passenger one is hard to adjust and barely pushes in far enough to see correctly from...
  15. Fuel pressure

Have a 2006 Ford ranger sport 3.0 2wd. Does any one know what the fuel pressure specs are for my truck.I would like to do a girl pressure check but don't know the range it should fall in. I would like both engine running and not running. Thanks!
  16. Differential

Have a 2006 Ford ranger sport 3.0 2wd. I got a new job and I have to drive 20 miles on a somewhat curvy and holy road. I'm thinking ahead about winter. Is there anything I can do to my truck to help it handle better in winter conditions? Someone was telling me about a lockrite I can get put into...
  17. Acceleration/power issue

I have a 2006 Ford ranger sport 3.0 2wd. My truck seems to have trouble accelerating going up hills on highways, (so at high speeds). It will accelerate fine going up at lower speeds and you can actually feel it open up when you press the gas down further. When I do that at high speeds I have to...
  18. Door rattle

Have a 2006 Ford ranger and my driver door is rattling. I live in the country on dirt road and that's when it's worse. On regular pavement you never hear it. I've tried moving the door up and down and there no play on hinges but there's play when you close it. It's like it's not closing all the...
  19. Striker plate

My driver side door rattles like crazy does anyone know if the striker plate is adjustable on this model? 2006 Ford ranger sport 3.0 2wd
  20. Help!!

Awhile back I posted a thread about my truck having a hard shift on 2-3. I got a couple responses and decided to go with one. Today I was going to replace my valve body with a shift kit valve body. So I unbolted my pan and let some fluid out and then removed it. When I went through my pan I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad