• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Front Rotors, 1998 Ranger 2.5 XLT STD cab 2WD

Will these rotors front fit a 1998 Ranger 2.5 XLT 2WD Standard cab? Seller seems clueless, can't confirm and eBay car selector keeps popping something about 4WD. eBay deal is here or https://www.ebay.com/itm/293952741312
  2. Is Temp. Too Low? And Tranny Fluid Change

Found this thread here, seems similar to my situation. Something about Tstat failing. How can you tell or diagnose a Tstat issue?
  3. Is Temp. Too Low? And Tranny Fluid Change

Link to scanners is not working. What's the model, I can search for it and compare with Autel All Systems Scanner or this one here. I've been delaying buying a good scanner and I think it's time. So any link to comp would be great before I decide on which one. And definitely not doing...
  4. Is Temp. Too Low? And Tranny Fluid Change

1998 Ranger 2.5, 86k Noticed that after 30 minutes of driving temp gauge is at level in pic, falls a hair or two just below that at a stop light. Temp outside is 80F. Coolant level is aok but I do add a little bit after say 2 months. Never been able to figure out why the loss occurs. Trany...
  5. OdbII code reader thoughts

Check Innova 5030 for same price. For 60 bux more Autel maxdiag all systems is great
  6. Head swap on 2000 3.0

Excellent post
  7. New to barn 4.0 with Bad 5.7 MPG Needs Serviced

Gee that sounds like easy as pissing up a rope. Think I will stick with my 4.0 here.-now that I know I was actually looking at at it all this time, it's among the easiest I have ever done.
  8. New to barn 4.0 with Bad 5.7 MPG Needs Serviced

Would if I could but got to slop the hogs, dig the well, and plow the south forty before breakfast. I can't fit usps business anywhere right now. But I tell you what a florescent pcv...I could sit still for that.
  9. New to barn 4.0 with Bad 5.7 MPG Needs Serviced

Thanx Found it-EZ to replace but what a nondescript lil piece of &#!$@! No wonder I kept missing it.
  10. Are these fuel trims ok?

Appreciate your great answers but I wonder you always have your tail up? Not gonna pass on hotter women. Really I wondered if my trims were ok. Just a out of curiosity. However, I do notice idle going up and down, it doesn't purr on a constant note. Think I need to clean maf, throttle, iac...
  11. New to barn 4.0 with Bad 5.7 MPG Needs Serviced

Did a compression test, following cylinders bank arrangement. Cylinder 1-170, 2->160, 3->175, 4->175, 5->172 6->170 P/S First test on cylinder 2 was 165. Something made me re-do it twice, it came to 160 twice. Do these numbers indicate or point towards anything? Or what would you...
  12. Are these fuel trims ok?

1998 Ranger 2.5 XLT std cab 72k miles Rarely driven but mostly in the city. It get's 16.7 - to 18.5mpg, and 21 on highway, about 2 month's back when I did a short HWY trip. Hey guys I am still somewhere on the learning curve (pro'ly way behind) on fuel trims. Other than an ever so slight...
  13. New to barn 4.0 with Bad 5.7 MPG Needs Serviced

Ok. So cats replacement is on the agenda. What else would you do to redress these issues or pretty much my OP covers that? What is the risk of driving with bad cats if I don't get them changed right away but later if I first address these other issues then cats later?
  14. New to barn 4.0 with Bad 5.7 MPG Needs Serviced

I did 34 miles after the previous, first full tank. I refiled the tank and the app worked out to 12 mpg-last photo. Had an abrupt trip, so I haven't had a chance to check or do anything from my list. @ericbphoto - Thanx for the chuckles, really made my day! Used TorquePro, here are...
  15. New to barn 4.0 with Bad 5.7 MPG Needs Serviced

Negative on both
  16. New to barn 4.0 with Bad 5.7 MPG Needs Serviced

1999 4.0 4x4 XLT EXT. CAB 84k miles I picked up this truck recently after it had been mostly sitting for most of 4 years. Only now am I able to get to service it but have driven it on errands - 148 miles total. First partial fueling was at 83075, 3 more partials then a full tank at 84223 miles...
  17. Coolant leaked, flush with tap water

Are those up there in my post all the hoses I need/the correct ones?
  18. Coolant leaked, flush with tap water

BTW which is inlet and outlet to heater core-1 or 2 below?
  19. Coolant leaked, flush with tap water

Disregard
  20. Coolant leaked, flush with tap water

Thanx again. When I press upper hose it feels like it has a metallic lining inside that gets crashed with every squeeze. I know it's pro'ly lined with crappy deposit and needs replaced. Are these all the hoses I need, because I see a myriad of them and these are the closest I can fathom.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad