• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Lovemy98ranger

Humming/whining noise in rearend

So I took it for a ride today, put about 40-50 miles on it. It doesn’t sound as bad as it was, but the noise is not totally gone. It start whining at about 35mph, when I let go of the gas, it stops whining, when I give it gas, it hums again. Defimetly better than it was. On the highway it wasn’t...
  2. Lovemy98ranger

The thing I don’t understand is, the day I bought it, I drove it home, and it wasn’t making any noise. Drove it about 20 miles on the highway to my house. Then I probably drove it about 100 miles in the next couple days before it started making noise, and as soon as it started making noise, I...
  3. Lovemy98ranger

ok. I swapped out the diff cover, had to drill a hole in the new cover and use an expandable rubber cork. Also used a gasket. When I removed the old cover, almost nothing came out. I cleaned up as much sludge as I could, cleaned mating surface and installed it. I put about 2-1/2 quarts of the...
  4. Lovemy98ranger

Do you happen to know what weight of gear oil I should use. And I know to fill it untill it comes out of the screw hole, is it approximately 2 quarts.
  5. Lovemy98ranger

The cover is rusted to the point that the oil is seeping through the metal. And it’s also leaking/dripping at the bottom where it loooks to be the seam of the cover to differential.( or just seeping through the cover so bad that it drips at the bottom) I can see that nobody has messed with it...
  6. Lovemy98ranger

The bolt has the square style head, but it’s an “innie, not an outie” if that makes sense. Basically supposed to be able to fit the end of a ratchet or the extension into it, (like my 05 mustang). I’m afraid it’ll strip it almost instantly (not the threades but the square itself). Should I apply...
  7. Lovemy98ranger

I just bought an 02 ranger 4.0 with 58k miles a few days ago. The Test drive seemed fine, I didn’t take it on the highway. So I Drive it home on the highway, and noticed a little hop in the rear, no big deal. I noticed the diff cover was wet, but it was a rainy day. I drove it the next 2 days...
  8. Lovemy98ranger

3.0 misfire cylinder 1 at idle when warmed up

Newbie here. I have. 98 ranger 3.0, now has 46k miles. Purchased last year with 11 k original from a mailman that drove it 2 miles a day to work and back, never left his town. At around 38k, I started noticing a skip here and there. Just got worse as time passed. Now it'll skip when idling after...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad