• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Zapper

Back again with another very odd problem

Nope its actually staying in at the rpm its at, but after watching the exhaust it puts out a bunch of black smoke... so i possibly have one or more injectors sticking Its gray Ive done that before since ive had to replace the halleffect sensor/pickup coil. I am definitely starting to think it...
  2. Zapper

Nope, put a actual decent one that i think was around $50
  3. Zapper

About a month ago i had the ignition module and the ignition coil completely die, i replaced thos and its been running just fine. Until recently.... it has been sputtering and basically acting like its cutting all spark or fuel around 2000-2500 randomly, it does it only after its warmed up but...
  4. Zapper

Climate control problem..

It is attached because at times i can hear it move, tried shoving my hand in there to see if anything was loos so i didn't have to take the dash apart but it looks like i will have to anyways because i could barely get my hand in anywhere.
  5. Zapper

2.9 odd no crank issue

Well the problem was apparently the battery not having enough volts, despite it having 12.5 volts, so i hooked jumper cables to another truck and let it charge for like 20 minutes and it started... not sure why it didn't turn over even though it had enough power...
  6. Zapper

2.9 odd no crank issue

Doesn't seem to be locked up, ive tapped it with a hammer and that did nothing
  7. Zapper

2.9 odd no crank issue

So i just replaced my starter solenoid due to it failing and now it is just rapidly clicking, i have cleaned the terminals, made sure the cables were good and they are and im unsure what is going on, so if anyone may k ow what the problem is please let me know
  8. Zapper

Climate control problem..

So recently my ranger has been only blowing out of the dash and when i move the lever to switch it to defrost it does nothing, the cable isnt snapped, so im wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how they fixed it? If anyone knows what it might be id greatly appreciate it
  9. Zapper

Im back with yet again with another 2.9 problem

Tried the clear flood test and it still started, and yes i have done the throttle cable mod and it goes WOT, so i went ahead and got 6 reman injectors, but its too cold to even work on it much plus im swapping the rear axle soon once i have time and the ability to use a lift so hopefully soon it...
  10. Zapper

Checked the fuel pressure and its around 40-45, checked all the vacuum lines and none are leaking and the fpr wasn't leaking fuel into the vacuum line, i even showed it to my autotech teacher and he was stumped it
  11. Zapper

So my 2.9 has always had an idle surge problem that makes it sound like it has a big cam in it recentlyits startedto happen quite often, and it also runs insanely rich when it does this due to the amount of unburt fuel and black smoke out of the exhaust, ive replaced both fuel pumps, fuel...
  12. Zapper

Update on the 2.9 fiasco

Sorry typing isnt exactly easy, i meant that my timing cover was leaking coolant by the water passages for the water pump, and i tried some kseal cooling system stopleak since i dont have the time or money to basically tear apart the entire front of the engine and it surprisingly worked, not...
  13. Zapper

Update on the 2.9 fiasco

did that and got nothing but discovered a fuel pump was disconnected after having someone turn the key while i felt the pump but its running better now but now its leaking coolant from the timing cover so yay that's not going to be fun
  14. Zapper

Update on the 2.9 fiasco

So its been a couple months and its been running ok, but yesterday it acted like it ran out of fuel so i had a buddy tow me to the gas station, after that it started up fine so i pulled out and made it like 200 feet and it just died on me, so i unplugged the mass air density sensor and it was...
  15. Zapper

2.9 misfiring and loosing spark randomly when warmed up

Its not burning it but its definitely leaking it, still has decent compression
  16. Zapper

Ill try this when i get a chance, having to find a coolant leak on a kia first though because thermostat failed and caused it to overpressure and push through a gasket
  17. Zapper

My injectors are probably needing to be replaced... knowing my luck they are probably the factory ones, plus i sometimes try that fuel system cleaner stuff and it seems to work for about a week, so im guessing the previous owners let it sit for awhile and the ethanol in the fuel may have gummed...
  18. Zapper

I would check codes if i had a check engine light, my gauge cluster never had it to begin with, my tps is fairly new since i had to replace it since it actually failed on me while driving but ill keep troubleshooting
  19. Zapper

Well i replaced the pickup coil and my problem still persists im beginning to think it may be injector related since i have 30+ psi of fuel pressure and i have cleaned out the IAC
  20. Zapper

Questions on d28 to d35 ttb swap and 7.5 to 8.8 swap

Ive definitely got a impact thats better than our air ones.... i got a Milwaukee 1/2 and that thing is really great to have. I was most likely going to rebuild them but ill probably take them to a shop to do that since they will likely need re geared and i dont have the tools for that.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad