• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. What is this thing?

When the alignment was done, "camber bolts" with plates of their own were installed. So... I'm good?
  2. What is this thing?

Uh oh. I better check the rest of them.
  3. What is this thing?

It required camber adjusting bolts to get rid of the knock-kneed front wheels, so they definitely would have needed to remove them.
  4. What is this thing?

It surely does, and considering I just had new control arms put on...
  5. What is this thing?

Sadly, that doesn't actually turn, nor is the inside of the hole threaded.
  6. What is this thing?

I was changing plugs when I found this nestled in near the crossmember. What is it and where does it go? I have a 2005 Ranger with a 4.0. I purchased it used.
  7. Code P1300??? How's that possible?

I've got a pretty decent unit, but it looks like it may be off the mark here. As soon as I get a day off, I'll see what the machine at O'Napazone says before I pick up another.
  8. Code P1300??? How's that possible?

No CEL. Getting some independent confirmation on what the code reader is telling me is a good idea. Thank you.
  9. Code P1300??? How's that possible?

Hello all. I'm trying to get my 4X4 Ranger ready for the South Carolina Adventure Route, and she's decided to throw me a curve. I have a mild driving "smoothness" issue, and a code P1300. Thing is, according to my Launch scan tool and various web resources, that code is a proprietary Ford code...
  10. Home made seal driver for passenger-side front axle tube seal

If the seal just didn't have that infuriating conical lip...
  11. Home made seal driver for passenger-side front axle tube seal

Heck, I don't even have a table saw anymore.
  12. Home made seal driver for passenger-side front axle tube seal

I figure someone besides me has had to fight with this, and maybe I could save that someone’s neighbor from having to hear as many cuss words as I let fly.
  13. Home made seal driver for passenger-side front axle tube seal

I was getting fed up trying to start the axle tube seal. Every tool that claimed to be a seal driver would crush the ridiculously large cone that extends from the seal. Every tool designed specifically for this seal was stupid money. There was no room to swing a hammer to start it with taps...
  14. My 2005 model's dome light functions intermittently.

I was trying, but some of the circuit is controlled by a "Low Current Board" that is not diagrammed. It looks like it controls flow of power to the door switches and the door-ajar lights along with the grounds to operate the relay. It also seems to receive a signal from the dash switch to...
  15. My 2005 model's dome light functions intermittently.

Right, and as the dash switch will not turn on the light either, and as the ground at the lamp is good, I was looking elsewhere. I figured there was no way that both door switches and the dash switch could all fail and recover at the same time every time.
  16. My 2005 model's dome light functions intermittently.

I've had normal operation from the door-ajar light. Could the door switches interfere with the dash switch?
  17. My 2005 model's dome light functions intermittently.

Yes, but I've never thought to check when the light was inop. I'll do so the next time it fails.
  18. My 2005 model's dome light functions intermittently.

Yessir. Sorry it took so long to reply, but I've had some work issues that interfered. I've actually had the light cut itself so long after I activated the switch that I forgot the switch was on.
  19. My 2005 model's dome light functions intermittently.

Here's what I know: The light, when it does not work will not respond to the roller switch in the dash or to either open door. When it does work, it works for all. No other electrical function in the vehicle fails to operate, including 4x4 activation. This is a 4.0 XLT without power windows...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad