• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. What is this thing?

I was changing plugs when I found this nestled in near the crossmember. What is it and where does it go? I have a 2005 Ranger with a 4.0. I purchased it used.
  2. Code P1300??? How's that possible?

Hello all. I'm trying to get my 4X4 Ranger ready for the South Carolina Adventure Route, and she's decided to throw me a curve. I have a mild driving "smoothness" issue, and a code P1300. Thing is, according to my Launch scan tool and various web resources, that code is a proprietary Ford code...
  3. Home made seal driver for passenger-side front axle tube seal

I was getting fed up trying to start the axle tube seal. Every tool that claimed to be a seal driver would crush the ridiculously large cone that extends from the seal. Every tool designed specifically for this seal was stupid money. There was no room to swing a hammer to start it with taps...
  4. My 2005 model's dome light functions intermittently.

Here's what I know: The light, when it does not work will not respond to the roller switch in the dash or to either open door. When it does work, it works for all. No other electrical function in the vehicle fails to operate, including 4x4 activation. This is a 4.0 XLT without power windows...
  5. Shudder when pulling away from a stop. Common problem? 2005 4X4, SC, 6', Auto, 4.0

When I pull away from a stop sign gently my truck shudders like something heavy slid to the back and struck the tailgate. If I give it gas with my foot clamped on the brake, nothing. Has anyone else had these symptoms? A very good mechanic in my area only found some play in the telescoping...
  6. Does someone make a special wrench to fit battery terminals? 2005 Ranger.

My 2005 Ranger's cable clamps don't fit anything in the metric or SAE tool box. Folks at NAPA said that they think they have "rusted down" from a larger size. I'm not buying it. What are you guys using?
  7. New to 4WD maintenance. 4WD light turns off, but stays engaged, 2005 Ranger.

To be clear - I engage 4H, and the truck seems to remain in 4H, but the 4WD light turns off a moment after engaging. Is there a sensor that "reports" when the transfer case has completed its shift? If so, perhaps that is my problem? Thanks everyone. Just got this truck and with only a few...
  8. New member that lucked into a pretty decent truck.

Sternwheeler here. Hello everyone. I find myself the owner of a 2005 Ranger that the previous owner let me have at very generous terms. I have a minor issue that I hope I'll be able to find some help for. I look forward to the forums (fora?).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad