• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. '86 B2 2.9 miss at ~3200 RPM

I've got a miss at or about 3200 rpm. Doesn't matter if it's sitting in neutral revving or going down the road. It runs good up to that point with maybe a little miss just every once in a while. If you run it on past the miss to say 4000 rpm, it clears up and smooths out. Compression checked...
  2. 2023 Superduty Reveal

I know this is a Ranger forum, but thought some of you might be interested. There's a good bit of fluff, but some pretty cool stuff too. 2023 Superduty Reveal if you're a Ford guy, you'll probably like it.
  3. 2001 SOHC MAF/IAT Sensor wiring pin-out

Can anyone tell me which two wires on the MAF/IAT connector are the IAT sensor wires? Relocating my IAT sensor for the SC and the instructions do not include this information. @RonD help.
  4. Help and Insights on a 2013 Explorer - Ford Techs and other opinions appreciated

I'm looking at possibly purchasing a 2013 Explorer Limited. Vin #1FM5K7F88DGA53446 3.5 V6, 6 speed auto Select Shift trans, 77k miles Wanting to know what issues came with this era Explorer. Not a huge fan of the FWD they went to, but for my purposes, it will be fine. Any experiences and...
  5. HP Tuners

Has anyone ever screwed around with HP Tuners on a 4.0 SOHC? I've got the software and tried to pull the OEM info. I got an error that said to send the file to HP Tuners for them to look at. I actually bought the package to work with LS engines, but figured I might play around with the...
  6. Teach me about fuel trims and such...

I noticed I had a code for lean condition on Bank 2. I think it was P0174, but I cleared it before I wrote it down. The truck is running fine and I figured it might have just been a glitch since I didn't know exactly when the code was set and there was no CEL on. Anyway, I still decided to...
  7. Baby Bronco?

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/baby-ford-bronco Just thought some might be interested.
  8. 4.0 SOHC Camshaft timing tools

Anyone have a set they want to sell, rent or loan? I'm in NW Florida. Just figured I'd ask before I bought a set to use for what I hope to be a one time thing.
  9. Oil pressure and temp issues

2001 4.0 Two separate issues but figured I'd cover them both in one thread. First, the oil pressure switch/gauge in the cluster is way off. It "sweeps" when you turn the ignition on but the needle sits at about 5:00 and completely off of the gauge markings. I haven't worried about it too much...
  10. 2000 Explorer V8 4x4 to 2001 4.0 Ranger 4X4

I recently bought a 2001 Ranger 4x4 ExCab with a SOHC 4.0. The truck had been sitting for about 3 years, but after replacing the fuel pump, t-stat housing, radiator and several misc. other items, it's now a running and driving vehicle. However, it does have 258k on it and the engine has a...
  11. 2001 4.0 SOHC rattle

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the forum, but really like it here so far. It seems that there's a great bunch of folks here. I recently acquired a 2001 4.0 that had been sitting for about three years. I've done quite a bit of work and replaced quite a few parts getting it reasonably roadworthy...
  12. Anybody have a part number? Can't seem to find these retaining clips.

I'm looking for the retaining clips that hold the drivers' side lower cab/door trim down on my 2001 Ranger XLT Supercab. Not the sill plate, but the trim beside it. They clip over the body seam and the molding snaps into them. There are two sizes. Shorter ones in the front (I believe 3) and...
  13. Hello from Florida

This site looks to be very informative and well managed. I'm looking forward to reading a lot and hopefully contributing at some point. I've been active on a few forums over the years but this is a first for a Ranger forum. The first new vehicle I ever purchased was a 1987 Ranger 2.9 2wd. It...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad