• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1987 Bronco II--transmission problem, or??

Hey guys. So the base timing was smack on T|C. I adjusted it to 12 deg BTDC, and it is much, much better! Hopefully this is the last little gremlin on this truck. You guys sure were helpful, so thank you!
  2. 1987 Bronco II--transmission problem, or??

@RonD you rock! I took some steel wool to the pulley and BLAM, there the 1|2 was, staring me right in the face. Thank you for helping a "YouTube Mechanic" in figuring this out LOL. Sometimes I think I should stick to computers, that's what I'm really good at! It started snowing (spring has not...
  3. 1987 Bronco II--transmission problem, or??

@RonD @Shran are you able to clarify for me which timing mark I should be using? The balancer has two marks on it. From the front of the engine, is TDC the left mark or the right mark? I don't know if you're familiar with what I'm referring to, but I am told that the left mark is TDC, and the...
  4. 1987 Bronco II--transmission problem, or??

@RonD Thank you so much for your response! I appreciate the assistance. I will check the timing, there has been so much that has been done to the vehicle that it could indeed be off. I will keep you posted with my progress! Thanks again!
  5. 1987 Bronco II--transmission problem, or??

I have a problem that has yet to be resolved... History: I purchased a low mileage (76k) 1987 BII, non-running. It had been sitting for a long time and required a bit to get it running again. New head gasket, new fuel tank and sending unit, lots of new sensors, new radiator, new filters, the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad