• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Ordering a Ranger.....

had an '02 crown vic with "traction control", all it did was cut throttle when the rear broke loose. Easy to disable, just a push button, but it came back every startup. Left me halfway up a snowy hill more than once...
  2. My 2004 XLT 3.0 Project Thread

Hello everybody! I finally got around to painting the wood spacers for my toolbox, and decided I'd show how I mounted them on the truck. I wanted to keep from drilling holes in the bed, as I may want to remove the box at some point. I also didn't want to put more holes in the actual toolbox than...
  3. My 2004 XLT 3.0 Project Thread

What did I do to my ranger today? WHAT DID I DO??? Well, I finished putting some running boards on! I snagged these factory boards from someone in Middle Of Nowhere, NE, for a total of $20. They had no front hardware, but I knew if it came to it I could figure it out. Plus, it was $20, and I...
  4. running board mounting confusion 2004

No worries G8orFord, I have had to improvise in the "field" before, I am from Nebraska remember :p
  5. running board mounting confusion 2004

Well, they are on. I figured out a solution where I used a toggle wing as a blind nut, and put the bolt through from the bottom up. I'll post pictures on my build thread.
  6. running board mounting confusion 2004

Gotcha, do you happen to have a pic of the front mounting hardware? The back is self explanatory now that I've looked at it. The front I'm not sure, it has two different sized holes where it mounts up. one hole I have just fine, the other is so large I don't know if I need a plate in the top or...
  7. My 1996 Yamaha XT225

Yeah I wish I could find a 400 or 450 air cooled 4 stroke carb. Thatd be my dream enduro motor. I can get everything minus air cooled, or everything but on a 250cc :(
  8. running board mounting confusion 2004

Hello everyone, got a quick question for the masses. I recently got ahold of a set of running boards for $20. I do not know quite how to install them. From what I've read, they mount to the rocker panel or the frame rail. I'm not sure which as I've heard I need an L shaped bracket of some kind...
  9. My 2004 XLT 3.0 Project Thread

Another quick update, I got my door speakers in, MUCH better sound quality on the higher frequencies. I purchased Kicker CSC68, with 75RMS capacity. Running them from the head unit amp so they only get 22RMS. Maybe with a set of components in the front, these will go to the rear, and then amp...
  10. My 2004 XLT 3.0 Project Thread

Hey everyone, I added (and removed!) a few things from my ranger. I am doing a 12 hour total drive this weekend to see family, and decided the ranger's first true test would be this trip. I like listening to music while driving, so obviously the factory stuff won't work, as seen with the head...
  11. 2000 Ford Ranger 3.0L 2WD Fuel Pump Replacement

Good start, I have no idea on how to check the status of the booster, but now you should be okay to hook a pressure gauge to the test port (or directly into the line coming from the filter depending on your needs), and record your KeyOn/EngineOff pressure. Then grab the pressure at idle. This is...
  12. My 1996 Yamaha XT225

I really do enjoy it because it is such a small engine/bike, and i'm not the smallest guy out there, which leads to some real "manhandling" steering tendencies. If it were heavier (like that DR650) I wouldn't have as much control I think. I do not feel comfortable on this bike in traffic (partly...
  13. My used-to-me 1982 Suzuki GS850G

Yeah I went searching for a good forum and they seem to be the top one, i'm sure they will be as friendly as TRS!
  14. My 1996 Yamaha XT225

Hello everyone, I wanted to show you guys my first motorcycle, an XT225 enduro. Last summer I acquired it, and it has been a fun bike to ride. I live in a rural area, so driving up and down ditches on gravel roads is a good way to pass the time. Last year towards the end of the summer I had...
  15. My used-to-me 1982 Suzuki GS850G

Hey all, I recently picked up an older motorcycle from my brother, who got it from our father. I rode on the back of it during a Grand Canyon camping trip, with my father driving (I was also the photographer!). My brother drove a 1980s Suzuki Intruder 700cc on the trip, then bought the 850 from...
  16. 2000 Ford Ranger 3.0L 2WD Fuel Pump Replacement

A speed sensor usually throws both the ABS and Ebrake lights, if you think it is two different issues... well you know the vehicle better so I won't doubt. Sounds like you know how to get the ABS codes, I'd start there and perhaps the Ebrake issue will be solved with it. I would start with the...
  17. 2000 Ford Ranger 3.0L 2WD Fuel Pump Replacement

Your ABS and Brake lights sound like a wheel speed sensor or an issue with the ABS. A decent scan tool can grab which sensor / live data of all of them and you can spot which one reads 248mph while it's in park... I am unsure of how to do it at home with a VOM. This may or may not be the case...
  18. My 2004 XLT 3.0 Project Thread

I picked up a tool box for the bed of my truck from a coworker who used to have a ranger. $20, could NOT pass that up. I have never had a truck box of my own, but I have seen plenty. One thing that bothers me, especially with a small bed, is making it smaller by putting in a box. In an effort...
  19. My 2004 XLT 3.0 Project Thread

Okay, been a little while since my last update. As I had said, I got one of the rear doors free a while back. I took the inside panel off, looked down in there, and my cable holders were okay. In fact, I could see the latch working perfectly fine. I figured it was rusted on, and a quick shove...
  20. Hi I can't find any spindles

Hey were you able to find a spindle? I recently went through that issue with my 04 2wd. Got one for a 10" rotor (mine is 11"), got one that had a larger upper ball joint hole, finally got the right one.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad