• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Stalling / backfire right after startup

Thanks Ron. I did set the timing originally as you describe but I'll check it again and report back. Yeah it always stumbled pretty bad but as soon as I heard it backfiring that's where my head went too.
  2. Stalling / backfire right after startup

'86 BII 5sp Having an annoying issue with my BII. When you go and start it cold, it will start and idle fine. High idle is OK, normal idle is fine too. However if you try to drive the truck anywhere, it just won't. It will gag and sputter and misfire, and backfire too under a load. Clutch...
  3. Tracking down an electrical bug....

Well, I guess it's my turn to eat crow. My ignition switch was coming open slightly on one side exactly as pictured above. I could wiggle the column up and down and cut out the power to the accessories at will. Ziptie fixed it. Thank you guys very much!
  4. Tracking down an electrical bug....

OK thanks guys. I will try and get out there today or tomorrow and check it out.
  5. Tracking down an electrical bug....

It wouldn't be all that overwhelming if I could find one wiring diagram that had more than one of these systems laid out on it. I can't find a single diagram anywhere that shows the power feed for the radio, or the feed for the minor gauges. Thinking is the wipers are the most telling, and...
  6. Tracking down an electrical bug....

Went through all the diagrams on this site. Couldn't find anything for accessories. Everything was engine and lighting, and a couple very specific systems (power door locks etc) but none of that is ever affected. I went through the diagrams anyway and still didn't find any of the systems that...
  7. Tracking down an electrical bug....

Thank you. I'll try and trace some of that out. It's also been suggested a fusible link or the ignition switch, but the accessories that actually stay on while the rest of the stuff cuts out kinda tells me its' neither of those. I would have thought ignition because it does seem like mostly...
  8. Tracking down an electrical bug....

'86 BII 2.9/FM145/4x4 Chasing an electrical gremlin, kinda thinking one of the circuit breakers in the fuse panel but I could be wrong. While driving, I lose power to a very specific set of accessories intermittently. Power always returns within a second or two, which is why I'm thinking a...
  9. My son's summer "project"

Crap I forgot I started this thread! By way of a brief update, after replacing every "normal" wear item (read: all bushings, all brake lines, MC, shocks, sway bar bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends, etc) on the front and back of the truck we're close to getting ready to put it back on the...
  10. Rubber floor mat options...

Where are you guys finding Husky liners? Or do you have newer trucks? Min'es an 86.
  11. Rubber floor mat options...

'09 would be easy to find good stuff for, not our older trucks.
  12. Rubber floor mat options...

Yeah at this point I'd happily take a custom-sized floor mat (not the high-sided floor liner) but I can't find anyplace that says it's actually correct for the year/vehicle.
  13. Looking for tan interior stuff

All parts are for an '86 BII, Ranger should be the same. Need a couple of TAN seat belt latches. The part that bolts to the front seat rails with one Torx bolt. Not the belts themselves. I really can't believe there aren't any on eBay, but I guess not. Need an amplifier, the one that sits...
  14. Rubber floor mat options...

How are you guys finding Husky and Weathertech mats for the RBVs? I really want a set for my '86 but all that comes up when I enter 1986 Ford ranger or Bronco II is universal stuff. I really want the floor liners but I'll take plain rubber mats that are actually cut to fit the floor pattern of...
  15. Side window seals - NOT your average question

Hmmm....they might be plastic or something. Mine are very hard, possibly old rubber but also maybe plastic. Hopefully I can scrape off the silicone. They have a rough texture, which doesn't tell me anything either way since I've seen old, hard rubber deteriorate this way too.
  16. Side window seals - NOT your average question

'86 BII. I understand I have bolt-in side windows and the window-to-body seals are basically just weatherstripping tape. No big deal. But what about the rubber around the window on the outside, that you can see? Is this available anywhere? A PO siliconed all around it, and my carpet on that...
  17. My son's summer "project"

Link to the auction of my TR6. This is important because all (well, OK some) funds go towards the boy's Bronco. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1976-triumph-tr6-35/
  18. My son's summer "project"

Thanks, and thank you for paying me to fly all over the world!
  19. My son's summer "project"

Not yet. That'll be a while down the road. Once all the exhaust, interior, steering, tuneup and suspension work is done I'll have to get it inspected, I'm figuring on just dropping it off for the inspection, alignment, tire mounting, and whatever else I feel like at the time. Maybe August if...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad