• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Power steering

I have the 1983 ford ranger with a 2.8l now my power steering always leaks and I just want to replace it to something that doesn’t, I’ve seen the heavy duty pumps that you can do on a 2.3l can you do the same upgrade on the 2.8l or is there a different upgrade I can.
  2. Fuel cell

I was looking into a fuel cell to mount in my bed, i was just wondering what all I need from fuel pump to lines, just everything I need to make it happen I have a 1983 ford ranger that has a mechanical fuel pump
  3. Gearing

I’m going to install a 8.8 rear end on my 1983 ford ranger and a Dana 35 front end, I have the 2.8l with 35s, now I am going to go with the 5.13 gears, but what all do I need to buy to regear both axles to make everything work.
  4. Front and rear axle swap

So, I have a 1983 ford ranger with a 7.5 rear end and Dana 28 front end, I am looking to get a 8.8 rear end and a Dana 35 front end, now it seems like the 8.8 rear end is a almost direct fitment to the 7.5. My big question is what all do I need to make the front dana 35 fit to my old Dana 28? Or...
  5. Ranger not starting

I have a 1983 ford ranger, where it won’t start I replaced to battery about a month ago an optima. It is showing 12 bolts as well, but when I turn the key to turn it over nothing happens, not even dash lights any help?
  6. Steering wheel lock

I have a 83 ranger which has those push lock things for the steering wheel I hate because when I turn the key back I always have to push that lock to turn it back all the way. So my question is, is there a way to remove that mechanism I have the keys and everything just annoys me and rather have...
  7. Efi swap

I have a 1983 ford ranger that has a 2.8l engine and I wanted to make it fuel injected and I saw some things where I have to change the intake manifold to a four barrel anyways I just want to see what I need if anyone has information on this
  8. camber issues

I have a 1983 ford ranger which I lifted 6in, and now I have lots of positive camber any suggestions on how I can fix that. I’ve seen camber bushings, if that’s the solution which ones do I need and what’s steps do I take
  9. Power steering

I ran into a problem with my power steering where it started leaking at the gearbox bottom seal, so I fixed that, then it started leaking in the o ring on the pressure hose. I thought I fixed it but then I look in the reservoir and empty. Anyways, I found the leak in between the reservoir and...
  10. Power steering reservoir

I ran into a problem with my power steering where it started leaking at the gearbox bottom seal, so I fixed that, then it started leaking in the o ring on the pressure hose. I thought I fixed it but then I look in the reservoir and empty. Anyways, I found the leak in between the reservoir and...
  11. Holley cam 350 jet size

I have a 83 ranger with duraspark conversion and my carb was terrible, there were missing parts on it, anyways I bought a 350 cfm and any suggestions what size jets I should put I live in Arizona where elevation is 203 ft
  12. 83 ranger 2.8l

How can I pull a lot more power from my 2.8l
  13. 2.8l engine

Is the 2.8l a good or bad engine to keep I need help whether to keep it in my 83 ranger or not I’ve heard bad things about it but just not sure
  14. 2.8l engine on 83 ranger

Any thoughts on the 2.8l engine is it good or bad I need opinions to keep it in my 1983 ford ranger 4x4

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad