• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Bronco648

For Sale OEM Feedback Carb and Distributor

@bronco2fan I'll let Andy have the final word but that does not look like the 2150 I used. There's an awful lot of electronics on that one. Perhaps you can strip off some/all of those things (perhaps not). My carb didn't have the mechanism to the right of the fuel filter (and below the bowl...
  2. Bronco648

Butyl rubber seal size to buy?

I know this reply is 3 months late but I figure someone else might be able to benefit from my experience. I swapped in a slider over the summer (of 2023). I used 3/8" butyl tape (from Amazon). I also chose a weekend where the temps were north of 90* (so that the tape would be super-sticky, flow...
  3. Bronco648

Wanted Gold 2001 tailgate, decent condition

I will have a white one available soon. It has some rust in the lower seam, passenger side. It's pretty heavy (even gutted) so I would guess shipping would be expensive. LMK.
  4. Bronco648

Wanted WTB stepside camper

I see them on FB Marketplace and I live in the NW Chicago 'burbs. TBH, I haven't seen any recently but they do pop up from time-to-time. Chicago is a little closer than Flint. So, if you're considering a drive east, you may want to keep an eye on Marketplace for northern Illinois.
  5. Bronco648

Selling a V8 swapped Sport Trac in Indiana

I thought a V8 was an option on the SporTrac. No?
  6. Bronco648

Wanted Wheels/Tires for rollers

Is Chicago too far? I have a set of these that need to be re-conditioned (these are not mine, just a rando eBay pic). The tires are shot but still hold air except for one wheel, I yanked the valve stem out because I was trying to strip the clearcoat. I have lug nuts and center caps...
  7. Bronco648

For Sale 2003 headlight retainer clips and a Ranger Ford emblem

Hey TGR, Could you post a picture of the headlight retainer clips/brackets? I think I know what you're referring to but I want to be sure they're the same for my '11 RCSB XL. (PM sent as well) Thanks!
  8. Bronco648

For Sale (NJ) Misc parts for sale

@bergz0 PM sent regarding the mudflaps.
  9. Bronco648

Spray Painting and Clear Coating my new Tailgate.

@Lefty Boy, that looks really nice. My truck didn't have such conscientious previous owners (it's an '11 RCSB XL with few/no options - a basic work truck). However, I did have the underside of our '17 Expedition done with Fluid Film. That's done a great job of keeping corrosion at bay. My...
  10. Bronco648

@Lefty I need to do my diff cover, too. They have a tendency to rust thru in this area of the upper Midwest. I may just replace mine.
  11. Bronco648

@Lefty I appreciate that level of detail but the truck isn't worth the effort (I guess I wasn't clear enough describing the current state). It's in good condition but it has some minor dents dings. The tailgate I bought is that yellow/orange color and is in nice enough condition that a simple...
  12. Bronco648

@Angry Possum I'm in a similar situation; I found a nice tailgate but it needs to be painted. My '11 RCSB was a work truck and, while decent, isn't in the best condition, body-wise. So, I was going to tackle the paint job myself. My question: how were you going to prep/scuff the old paint on...
  13. Bronco648

Wanted Bed Cap for '99 Stepside Ranger

It's a shame you're not closer to Chicago-land. I see them often on FB Marketplace and they appear to be in good shape with reasonable prices. A decent selection of colors, too. Oh well...
  14. Bronco648

For Sale 1983 Ford Ranger - diesel 2.2 2wd w/cap

I'm guessing it means Bill of Sale only. But, maybe the OP will reply. I also understand that the "title your vehicle in Vermont" thing has come to an end or is a lot harder to do now.
  15. Bronco648

Fuel Gauge Calibration

I have owned a bunch of Mustangs in my day and recall the oil pressure sending units from the 289/302. IIRC, its the same unit as the one that is (was) on the engine currently; Standard Motor Products, PS60. Even the Motorcraft part number is the same; E6ZF-9D290-CA. Maybe I got three duds? I...
  16. Bronco648

Fuel Gauge Calibration

I tried three different sending units and installed an oil pressure gauge (which I believe came with the truck). The electrical units always read in the lower part of the scale. The pressure gauge read 60+ psi except when the engine was really hot (like when I was trying to diagnose a failed...
  17. Bronco648

Rear Glass - 8 bolt versus 10 bolt?

Well, with the 2011 model year Ranger, I guess I got all the goodies (including an 8.8 rear diff with 4.10 gears, in an XL :oops:) I saw a pic before I had the p.o. yank it out of his '97 Ranger SuperCab. (y) I installed it yesterday without issue (except cleaning up the old butyl tape which...
  18. Bronco648

Wanted Fifth Gen. Sill Plates

I wasn't trying to insinuate that Wikipedia was right. I just seem to default to their nomenclature, that's all. My fault. Still looking for sill plates (not trying to pick a fight :)).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad