• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. RiverRatRanger

Rear wheel bearings.

I am putting a new differential cover on because the old one rusted through and leaked most of the gear oil out. Hopefully I didn't catch it too late. My question is: are the rear wheel bearings sealed on a 93 or do they rely on the oil in the differential for lube?
  2. RiverRatRanger

Back to the tranny

As I mentioned, with lots of good helpful comments, when I drained the supposed Mercon out of my 93 4 cyl Ranger's manual transmission, it was filled with gear oil instead. Since it's worked fine for years should I refill it with fresh gear oil or go to Mercon taking a chance there was a good...
  3. RiverRatRanger

How can a 1993 Manual Tranny have gear oil in it instead of Mercon?

Bought this very used Ranger 5 years ago. Has always shifted fine but thought I should change it for general maintenance. Instead of Mercon which is the only thing supposed to be in a 93 out came gear oil! Would a 91 or 92 have bolted in for a previous owner? Or would the transmission meant to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad