• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ajbessinger

SOLD! SOLD---2000 Ford Ranger EV (under 6,700 orig. mi)---SOLD

There's actually nothing at all behind the fuel door! Just a plastic block off cap, haha. I had hoped to add CHAdeMO fast charging to the truck. If so I would have moved the j-1772 to the fuel door location, and put the CHAdeMO inlet up front.
  2. ajbessinger

Just picked up my second Ranger EV

It actually wasn't government funding that ended. There were a few factors in play, but the biggest was the fact that the automakers got the California Air Resources Board (CARB) to repeal the Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) mandate. In 1996, CARB (after seeing GMs EV1 which they had unveiled a few...
  3. ajbessinger

Tesla air conditioning retrofit

Can confirm, Tesla (and other EV & Hybrids) use high voltage for their A/C compressors. In the case of my 2015 Model S 70D, which has an 84S li-ion pack, that would be 310v nominal, 352v max. In the case of a car with a larger battery, that would be closer to 400v max. Fun fact, the factory...
  4. ajbessinger

I did include the asking price in my post up near the top, $3000. They are a pretty neat piece of history, just wish I had more time to get it back on the road myself!
  5. ajbessinger

Hello there Ranger fans! I have a bit of a rare piece of history for sale that many may not know exists... To start off, this is a 2000 Ranger EV, with under 6,700 original miles (no, that's not a typo, and yes, that’s right, a factory electric Ford Ranger). I'm asking $3000, and I'm located in...
  6. ajbessinger

Just picked up my second FACTORY Ranger EV this weekend!

I'm putting this truck up for sale. I was originally going to use this one as a parts rig for my white truck, but it's in too good of shape to tear apart, especially as rare as these trucks are... And I certainly don't need two of them! My as is asking price is $2,000. Needs new batteries to...
  7. ajbessinger

Just thought it would be worth mentioning here, I just put this truck up for sale. I was originally planning on using this one as a parts truck, but it's pretty complete and in good shape, so I can't bring myself to tear it apart, and I certainly don't need two of these things... If nobody buys...
  8. ajbessinger

I'm new and need help

R.I.P. That's about all I can say... You say the truck is a 93' and you have a 97' Harness? 97' would be after OBDii was implemented, and 93' would be OBDi, so they are likely not really compatible. Best of luck...
  9. ajbessinger

Busted ignition actuator?

Here's those pics, it's kinda hard to tell, but some of the teeth on the mechanism inside the column are halfway stripped off, which I imagine must be the main problem. The inside of the barrel where the ignition goes in looks like someone went at it with a dull beaver... Wondering if maybe I...
  10. ajbessinger

Busted ignition actuator?

Hello there folks! I've got a 1998 Ranger EV I recently picked up, and it seems to have an issue with the ignition switch actuator. It looks like the gear that goes behind the ignition lock cylinder is stripped out... I'll try to post pics of what I'm talking about later when I get the chance...
  11. ajbessinger

1987 Ranger Electric

Out of about the 1,800 or so originally built, there's probably only about 300 left. The red one has just under 34k original miles, and isn't as clean as it looks (has some damage to the pass side fender/door). The white however is super straight, just has a few paint issues on the bed-sides...
  12. ajbessinger

Just picked up my second FACTORY Ranger EV this weekend!

Here's a few pic's, and a link to the YouTube video I just uploaded of it.
  13. ajbessinger

Here's a closeup! It's a de-dion suspension setup. Kinda think of it as a cross between solid axle and independent suspension... The motor is attached to the frame, with half-shafts going out to the wheels. The "axle tube" just acts as a structural member to attach the wheels to the leaf...
  14. ajbessinger

1987 Ranger Electric

I’ve got two of the factory Ranger EVs! Just picked up the second one today! The red one is a 98’ and the white one is a 00’. Both were originally Lead Acid trucks (as opposed to NiMH), though the white one now has LiFePO4. Both trucks have been sitting for several years and need new batteries...
  15. ajbessinger

EDIT: This truck is now for sale. I originally got ahold of it to use for parts, but it's just too complete and in good shape to tear apart. So, I've listed it up for $2,500. As stated, it needs new batteries. I did find an onboard charger to go under the hood though, as well as an original...
  16. ajbessinger

FACTORY 2000 Ranger EV

Here's the battery pack removal video.
  17. ajbessinger

2000 Ford Ranger EV

Just uploaded a video detailing the battery pack removal.
  18. ajbessinger

New Ranger EV Owner

Dropping the battery pack
  19. ajbessinger

New Ranger EV Owner

Video tour of the truck I uploaded to YouTube yesterday:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad