• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Sellis737

2.3L ('83-'97) Feedback Delete Carter YFA carburetor 1983 2.3

I’m wondering if anyone has deleted the feedback solenoid on a Carter YFA feedback carb. My computer died and is not providing input to the solenoid. The truck doesn’t have to pass any smog inspection so no air pump or thermactor are installed. I noticed that the Carter YFA carbs available for...
  2. Sellis737

1988 Ranger 2.3 A4LD 2WD no CYL ID on scan

I ran a KOEO scan on my Ranger and got a 11 (OBD 1) pass code on the EEC but after setting the base timing and trying a KOER running scan I got a message saying that DTCs could not be retrieved and no CYL ID found. Does anyone know where the CYL ID comes from? Is it read off the EEC or from the...
  3. Sellis737

What the best (easiest) V-8 option for an 83 2WD C-5 Ranger?

I’m going to swap in a 302 V-8 into my 1983 Ranger that has the 2.3L 140 cube Pinto engine in it. As I read through the forums it sounds like there are some engines such as the Explorer that may be easier to adapt to my Ranger. I’m leaning towards a 1997ish Explorer with EFI but am not sure what...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad