• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Gallo

4.0 manual swap done, starter grinding help

ok i'm just told that the starters ARE different, the solution is to use a newer (98+) starter, it seems that the bendix drive gear is different... :mad: thx all for your replies
  2. Gallo

Thx. I meant to say different between OHV and SOHC.. i'm using a manual starter
  3. Gallo

Yes i did You mean the separator plate that goes between the engine and trans? yes i did Someone mentioned something about getting a 10 tooth starter drive bendix, are newer 4.0 manual starters different?
  4. Gallo

Hello all, I just replaced my swapped bad 4.0 OHV with an 8-BOLT crank 4.0 OHV out of my '97 ranger to my B2. Decided to do a manual swap too, M5OD i believe out of a '95 ranger. Engine started fine but i hear the starter grinding, i added some washers on the starter bolts to see if that...
  5. Gallo

My 2000 2WD Ranger, and a '99 expo 5.0 swap in progress

Well, now that the heat is gone, i was able to continue... engine mount adapter plates are on... i did change the spark plugs :P Engine going in... Now that the dash is in, i can now plug the rest of the wire harness to those 3 main plugs... Transmission ready to go in... i used the...
  6. Gallo

It belongs to a friend of mine, he was actually working on it when i read your post, he's not selling it but he said "tell him to make me an offer" :) I appreciate it man. I have the mitchell software, i have the wiring diagrams there (i'm gonna need them lol) I ended up removing both...
  7. Gallo

Ok so despite the weather, engine is out... I've always known that this isn't a direct swap but i bumped into some problems already (too soon) From what i've read, the wiring harness is (almost) all plug and play, i took the rangers wiring harness out and noticed that i only have 2 main plugs...
  8. Gallo

that's good to know :) Just 2 things i believe, he changed the output shaft, they're different, and i don't know the name of that housing thing, it's circled in red (sorry english is my second language), it's where the AWD transfer attaches to, IIRC he got that from a mustang and that's it...
  9. Gallo

thanks. Man, i know expo transmissions sux, i really wanted to keep it manual but... 1- well the guy at the shop took it all apart and checked everything, looked me in the eye (ha) and told me everything was ok with the trans, discs (or whatever they're called) and everything else... 2 -i never...
  10. Gallo

Hello all, i've been around for quite a while but never actually posted anything until now. Bought a 2000 XLT 2WD a couple years ago, and have been (slowly) working on it (budget) It has a 4.0 OHV engine, manual trans. 4 door, power everything. It had lowered front coils can't remember the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad