• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. First time Ranger

Thanks Uncle Gump I'll try the chalk and make adjustment. Plus, I'm only guessing, but I'm pretty sure the original Ranchos are still on it. 110k miles.
  2. First time Ranger

Speed rating is Q. Tires are GY Wrangler Duratrac 265/75/16/C 112Q. Air pressure on road is ~40psi. No suspension mods. just the BL.
  3. First time Ranger

Hello again! It's been a while. I have since put a 3" PA body lift, 265/75/16 tires, and Helo HE971 Maxx wheels. My issue now is the rough ride. Mainly my DD to work with the occasional trip off road. Out of Pro Comp ES9000, Rancho RS5000X, and Bilstein B6 4600, which will give me the best...
  4. First time Ranger

Well Uncle, searching for info all over, there doesn't seem to be any definitive answer. As you can see, my door sticker shows R8 under the axle column, which after looking at the article here on the ranger station showing what the codes mean, I thought I had 4.56 gears. So, I decided to just...
  5. Did you lift your 1998-2011 Ford Ranger 4x4?

Jim, (or anyone else with experience), in your build guide, you say the FX4 with 31 spline 4.10 gears can run 33s, but further on in the article, you mention 31s as a max for 4.10s. My '08 FX4 has a 4.10 torsen and I would like to run 33s but would settle for 31s. P.S. Been fun watching your...
  6. 08 FX4 SAS

WOW! What an adventure! Why did you go back to torsion bar?
  7. First time Ranger

That's exactly where I got the info on the gears from. Door sticker indicates R8. I'll check out the KYBs too, thanks
  8. First time Ranger

Haha, got it! Uh "glad" to be in?
  9. First time Ranger

You saying swap my 4.0 to a 2.9? Only had 98k on it when I bought it.
  10. First time Ranger

Thanks Oxx
  11. First time Ranger

Uncle Gump, thanks for the info. Uncle Gump, thanks for the info. If I'm reading the build guide from this site correctly, I have 4.56 gears so I should be good to go with 33', correct? I have been looking into the old torsion keys and bigger blocks. Wulf Suspension has a kit for around $300...
  12. First time Ranger

Sounds good, thanks always. Look forward to everyone's input
  13. First time Ranger

Mainly used as my DD. Not a lot of off roading yet but plan on getting out more. Possibly some overland use down the road.
  14. First time Ranger

Hello everyone, my name's Henry! My ride is a 2008 FX4. So, this is not my first truck, but it is the first time I've considered modifying one. My original plan was to use this Ranger for a couple of years until I could afford to get a new/used Colorado ZR2/ZR2 Bison. I decided $3k-$5k to do...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad