• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 88 Ranger 2.9 fuel pressure issues??

Thanks brother. @Paulos Do you think I'm trying to hold back info? Come on man. The lean condition... Back firing all stopped when I changed the o2 sensor. Everything else I did has been well documented with videos etc. Read through the thread. Not sure why you think I'm bsing you or leaving...
  2. 88 Ranger 2.9 fuel pressure issues??

@PetroleumJunkie412 I thought you'd never ask. Haha It seems that after all this, it was the o2 sensor.
  3. 88 Ranger 2.9 fuel pressure issues??

@Bird76Mojo @PetroleumJunkie412 @Locotomb Hey fellas, sorry it took me awhile to get y'all caught up. Anyway, the truck is doing good. BUT I do think I need to adjust the kickdown gear cable but I've not found any videos or info on how to do so. Anyone have any idea? Thanks again for all your...
  4. Extreme vibration at 45-50 mph? Video...

I've had alot of haters on this truck but I'm bound to get her back to full duty!
  5. Extreme vibration at 45-50 mph? Video...

Anyone else know if this tie rod end would cause the truck to shake? Thanks everyone! @Bird76Mojo @Paulos
  6. Extreme vibration at 45-50 mph? Video...

@PetroleumJunkie412 Do you think that is the reason for the shaking/vibration?
  7. Extreme vibration at 45-50 mph? Video...

@PetroleumJunkie412 When you said my ball joint is a accident waiting to happen.... Did you mean tie rod end??
  8. Extreme vibration at 45-50 mph? Video...

@PetroleumJunkie412 Little more detail. This is all new to me. I'm trying to learn here. I'm way more mechanical oriented when Im working on a engine or transmission. But this is all new to me. Here is another video that may help. Do you think the shaking is from the ball joint?? That's what I'm...
  9. Extreme vibration at 45-50 mph? Video...

@PetroleumJunkie412 I understand that the tires could be out of balance. I provided the video to see if anyone could see anything wrong in the video...
  10. Extreme vibration at 45-50 mph? Video...

Hey fellas.... Back at with another issue on this 88 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 2.9. so when I get it to about 45-50 mph it starts shaking like crazy in the front end. Seems to be on the drivers side. Sorry if this is obvious is the video. Im a newb with all this. Thanks again for all the help I've...
  11. 88 Ranger 2.9 fuel pressure issues??

@PetroleumJunkie412 Also as I stated in a earlier thread... There still seems to be a loss of power. It's hard for me to tell because I haven't owned one before but it seems weak. Unless this is just how the 2.9 is.
  12. 88 Ranger 2.9 fuel pressure issues??

@PetroleumJunkie412 Well it's not doing the bogging down and backfiring thing but there were still unanswered questions. @Bird76Mojo had asked about the vaccum lines on the airbox and not sure why my truck says idle at 800 and you think it's low? Thanks again for all the help.
  13. 88 Ranger 2.9 fuel pressure issues??

Everyone disappear on me? ?
  14. 88 Ranger 2.9 fuel pressure issues??

@PetroleumJunkie412 @Bird76Mojo Also wanted to add that the one wire sensor on the drivers side back of the oil pan is disconnected. I'm guessing that is the reason for the blinking oil light and this is the one that comes on...
  15. 88 Ranger 2.9 fuel pressure issues??

@Bird76Mojo @PetroleumJunkie412 Well fellas... Looks like it was the 02 sensor. Drove it for a while and didn't have the symptoms. But the oil light at a stop was flashing sometimes. The RPM'S stayed right around 800. Any clue on what this could be? Thanks again guys for all your help It says...
  16. 88 Ranger 2.9 fuel pressure issues??

@Bird76Mojo @PetroleumJunkie412 Well fellas... Looks like it was the 02 sensor. Drove it for a while and didn't have the symptoms. Not sure what the pick up in these trucks have as this is only one I've ever owned but the pickup seems to lack. But the oil light at a stop was flashing sometimes...
  17. 88 Ranger 2.9 fuel pressure issues??

Well I got this one. Costed $45 but we shall see. I will report back to you all.. Thanks again fellas!
  18. 88 Ranger 2.9 fuel pressure issues??

@Bird76Mojo There was the code 41 I posted earlier in this thread..
  19. 88 Ranger 2.9 fuel pressure issues??

@Paulos @Bird76Mojo So vote here... I get that it could be injectors but should I buy a O2 sensor FIRST? I did disconnect the O2 sensor and it didn't change anything. Not sure if that matters or not. Anyway.... What do you all think? Thanks again fellas!
  20. 88 Ranger 2.9 fuel pressure issues??

@PetroleumJunkie412 So take both belts off or unplug the electrical connections? Just want to be sure I get ya what your asking for. Thanks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad