• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 86' STX (FREE truck!)

Bringing this thread (and the truck) back from the dead before martial law hits. So I had made the comment that the driveshaft on the truck was non existent. I have reason to believe that this truck was built as an automatic truck since it has 4.10s in the rear and the trans code is a T but I...
  2. 1988 Ranger Restoration - Keeping a Promise

I would like to try these mods myself! I can get my hands on Volvo stuff particularly cheap
  3. 86' STX (FREE truck!)

It looks like a factory job to be honest, the bezel just appears smashed from use. The fit is super tight
  4. 86' STX (FREE truck!)

Truck does have a floor shifter for the transfer case
  5. 86' STX (FREE truck!)

No updates yet, payday is Friday. I hope to play with the truck this weekend if all goes well :) Two things. First, I noticed this electronic clock above the center console. I have never seen this before on a Ranger and thought it was neat. It looks like where the automatic 4x4 would be located...
  6. 86' STX (FREE truck!)

An Autocheck today gave me a bit more backstory to my truck States the truck started life, like me, in the Hampton Roads area and moved to Fredericksburg (can't make this shit up). The earliest given registration was in Newport News in 96'. It then began to bounce around, moving up the northern...
  7. 86' STX (FREE truck!)

No doubt, it's impossible to find one of these body style Rangers in good shape around here, let alone a 4 wheel drive one. This generation Ranger is my favorite. Everything on this truck seems to be very well built and sturdy. They truly don't make em' like they used to. When I was in school a...
  8. 86' STX (FREE truck!)

No, it shouldn't. I don't know how they have it rigged up but it does not look ideal. I would like to get that squared away first. A younger and more brazen me would have gone in with a battery, and condemned the starter upon the impending no crank :ROFLMAO: That's the million dollar question...
  9. 86' STX (FREE truck!)

Thank you for confirming that, I was thinking the same thing. The wire underneath of the battery cable on that post (appears) to be going down into the starter. I remember seeing this setup on the old Bronco I had, and I suspect that solenoid is bad and they decided to wire straight to positive...
  10. 86' STX (FREE truck!)

Went out last night to start cleaning up the junk. Good eye on the gauges...that seem to not even be wired up Sitting on the driver's seat. Sure looks forboding Radiator looks recent. Pulled cap. Will need to be flushed a few times over after truck get running Speaking of which, the...
  11. 86' STX (FREE truck!)

Junkie, I'm in Virginia. Now obviously you can't go to someone's house or private property and start claiming vehicles at will, but if there is an abandoned vehicle that is deemed so (unregistered, derelict, untouched), you can go through the state/county and begin the process. Everything along...
  12. 86' STX (FREE truck!)

Dirtman, the vehicle is titled and in my name. I went through the state and completed the abandoned vehicle process to legally obtain this truck, which took close to 2 months. They put in the legwork and try to contact any previous owner through certified mail and other means. If no one claims...
  13. 86' STX (FREE truck!)

I'd like to go to the yard and find that front trim piece around the grill. With that said, there's not much to say as the exterior is pretty straight. Interior is rough. I will start by cleaning the best I can. CRUISE means I can ride this sucker down to the Richmond race with ease See...
  14. 86' STX (FREE truck!)

Morning glory Here she is in clearer view! 86' STX, 2.9L 4x4 5 spd According to the VIN, this vehicle is equipped with 4.10 gears AND limited slip. That sounds fairly desirable. The trailer hitch is useful, so is the tool storage I like the older tailgate design lettering and badging...
  15. 86' STX (FREE truck!)

Out of the grave she comes Junk Kia out of the way Turned around and on the hook home! No rot underneath! Missing driveshaft...hmm Fuel tank appeared to maybe be leaking too. Made it home!
  16. 86' STX (FREE truck!)

Some backstory: We moved into our current residence about 2 years ago and saw this little Ranger sitting underneath of a tree of an abandoned business lot on our road, along with an old Kia and a bunch of junk behind the building. I didn't think much of it at the time but continued to pass it...
  17. Hello!

Hi all, My name is Matt and today I picked up a free 86' Ranger! I claimed it abandoned and towed it home today. It is an STX 4x4 model with the 2.9. No rot underneath! I will be posting a build thread along with photos in the near future, but wanted to introduce myself first. I am a Ford...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad