• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Wiggly clutch slave bleeder: This is wrong, right? How wrong?

3.0 5 speed. I was about to try to bleed to clutch slave cylinder and discovered that it wiggles. I'm assuming this is wrong. How wrong, and how soon is it likely to cause a problem? I was also a afraid to try to open the bleeder because it's pretty rusty (not sure how well that shows up in the...
  2. Is this Gold coolant or orange?

My coolant is low, has been low for a while, I’m finally getting around to doing something about it. Anyway, I looked at the coolant in the rad (not the reservoir, that’s perpetually empty) and it looked downright orange. I have a 2004 Ranger with the 3.0, which I believe is spec’d for Gold, not...
  3. Are brake line anchor points important?

I’m working on the rear brakes on my ‘04 Edge 4WD. The right side was pretty toasted: wheel cylinder shot, brake line itself pretty rusty, etc. Long story short, I’ve replaced the line with Ni-Cop, but the bracket that anchored the original line is gone. Total rust, it crumbled away still...
  4. Which Drums should I buy

I'm not really looking for a performance upgrade, just normal driving and normal braking. Pretty much everything in my drums needs to be replaced, and I figure at that point, I might as well replace the drums themselves too, especially with as much rust as is on them. For whatever reason, it...
  5. Here’s you chance to warn me about the 2006 Explorer

I’m considering buying an Explorer, and leaning towards the 4.6, and prefer 2006 or later based on what I’ve read about the 6 speed transmission being better. I have heard though, that the ‘06 model itself had issues. Is this accurate? Should I only look at 2007 and later? What issues did the...
  6. Help me pick an oil, should I/how should I switch to synthetic

I’m driving an ‘04 with the 3.0 Vulcan, and I do not know it’s history. I don’t see any evidence of any significant leaks (well, not oil leaks anyway...). It has about 160k on it. The truck doesn’t get driven all that much, definitely not a daily driver, so oil change intervals will probably be...
  7. Rebuilding front suspension, seeking advice and recommendations

I recently acquired a 2004 "Edge" and am starting on the process of catching it up on some deferred maintenance. Many of the suspension items (1 upper and both lower ball joints, one tie rod end) need to be replaced. I've seen some 10 pc or more kits that come with most of what anybody would...
  8. ABS sensor cable is cut

New to the forum, and new to my Ranger. I knew it had an ABS light when I bought it but wasn’t extremely concerned since the brakes work fine for normal braking. Doing some other work yesterday I saw what I assume is the reason for my ABS issue: So my question is this. Would there be any...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad