• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2000 Ford Ranger - Battery Saver Relay Location

Update: after searching for most of the afternoon, I have given up and put the truck together and will take another stab at it another day. If anyone can offer some advise, it would be very much appreciated! As back ground, the vehicle is a 2000 Ranger, standard cab, 3.0 automatic, XL trim...
  2. 2000 Ford Ranger - Battery Saver Relay Location

PS: I am aware of the underhood relay / fuse box - but diagram of this box seems to indicate that none of these are related to the GEM/ interior stuff (except for the main power feed fuse/ fuses of course)
  3. 2000 Ford Ranger - Battery Saver Relay Location

Hey gents... .. been laying on my back trying to find this thing. I can not even find an auxiliary relay box - anywhere. See the attached pics... these are taken with the camera on the floor pan - I put a piece of blue tape on the gas pedal for visual reference. Am I blind, stupid, or...
  4. 2000 Ford Ranger - Battery Saver Relay Location

Howdy folks - I have a parasitic battery draw on my 2000 Ford Ranger. I have narrowed this down to fuse #26 which contains the GEM and battery saver relay. One of my master mechanic friends told me that it is not uncommon for the battery saver relay to be the root cause. To trouble shoot...
  5. 2000 Ranger - unknown connector under dash

Ron D - So, just printed these all out and took a look. Basically, I think I was on the right path looking at fuse position 1-5-9. The are on the top of the second page you sent. Short story - these feed to the Maxi fuse under the hood through the tan/blk power feed wires with a few...
  6. 2000 Ranger - unknown connector under dash

Rock on!! Basically been trying to deduce with VOM what you just sent me!! Awesome. .. printing them out now and going back to the shop.
  7. 2000 Ranger - unknown connector under dash

Update: Continuing to probe the fuse box - I found fuse positions 1 (power mirror switch) 7.5 A, position 5 (not used), and position 9 (brake position switch) 7.5A are all fed by the same wire through a localized buss bar. The vehicle does not have power mirrors, so total load across these...
  8. 2000 Ranger - unknown connector under dash

Update: Pulled face off fuse box to see what I was working with. Fuse positions 12 (unused), 16 (windshield wiper motor), 30 A, and 20 (radio, RAP, GEM) 7.5A all have same main power feed and are tied together. I checked continuity with fuses pulled and battery disconnected. Given the...
  9. 2000 Ranger - unknown connector under dash

Gotcha and understand. The power seat harness has two inline fuses. One for left side seat and the other for the right. As received, each had a 10 amp fuse in them, so total of 20 max. The power feed wires to the seat heaters can not be any larger than 18 ga. - I am actually very...
  10. 2000 Ranger - unknown connector under dash

.. actually, my idea is to just use the "add a circuit" fuse tap and call it day. That is, without relay. In my mind, this would be a lot safer than running a new "hot" all the way from the battery, through the firewall, etc. There are not a lot of "extra holes" in the cab that I could...
  11. 2000 Ranger - unknown connector under dash

As always, thanks for the smokin fast responses - especially the insight into the shorting bar. .. alternate strategy. By probing the fuse box, I discovered a few unused fuse spots that are 12V with key on. I am going to run to Autozone and pick up a few "add a circuit" fuse tap and see if...
  12. 2000 Ranger - unknown connector under dash

...truck is an automatic.
  13. 2000 Ranger - unknown connector under dash

....it is indeed roughly where a clutch pedal would go. 6 pins.
  14. 2000 Ranger - unknown connector under dash

Thanks for the response... the relay route is exactly what I am thinking.. In my "perfect little world" I am hoping there is an unused connector I can plug into rather than hacking into the existing harness. The connector in the pic in the original post caught my attention. It had a "blank"...
  15. 2000 Ranger - unknown connector under dash

Howdy all - While I was doing a light restoration / refresh on my 2000 Ranger, I added heated seats. Im doing final assembly today and was looking for a circuit to tap into. While peering under the dash, I found this unused connector. Question #1 - Anyone have any idea what it is? I...
  16. Replacement head light recommendations

.. just an update. I received the Dorman 1590286 and 1590287 head lights today. They are lacking the Ford script that was shown in the pic, but otherwise very very nice. They match the originals extremely well, so much so that it is plausible they may have come from the original tooling...
  17. Replacement head light recommendations

Hello all - So, I "pulled the trigger" on some aftermarket units I saw on Amazon. I reviewed the pictures closely and noticed they actually have the Ford script logo in the proper spot. (lower right corner as facing the truck) This tells me they may actually be made by the original Ford...
  18. Replacement head light recommendations

Hmm.. the few times I have tried it, it was certainly more than 5 minutes and the results were only so-so. If I recall correctly, part of the issue was the interior of the lens was fogged as well.... can't recall. I have buffed out a lot of materials, I have just never had good luck with clear...
  19. Replacement head light recommendations

Thanks for the response! In my opinion, the effort to polish the lens and then clear coat exceeds the cost of just buying some nice aftermarket units. Additionally, even if they come out nice, the result is probably temporary. Im seeing a wide range of prices on the aftermarket units - if...
  20. Replacement head light recommendations

Hello all, I am doing a light restoration on a 2000 Ford Ranger Trail Head (precursor to Edge). I have the truck in the shop and noticed that the truck has the same problem that most cars of this vintage do - foggy head lamps. Do any of you have any recommendations for after market...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad