• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. RamblerRyGuy

Tdi conversion kit for Ranger. Want one?

No doubt, the older Rangers are much easier to swap engines in.
  2. RamblerRyGuy

OM617 diesel swap

For anyone looking at this thread for info on which diesel swap to look into, I have some knowledge on the VW TDI swap, having done it to my 94 Ranger. I sometimes find myself considering why I didn't look into the OM617 more when I was planning the engine swap. In some ways, I wish I had. The...
  3. RamblerRyGuy

1997 ranger trail truck build! UPDATED She got rolled and I bought it back for $231

Man, sorry to hear about the rollover! Sounds like you have good capability in order to fix it, though. Too bad you're not anywhere near Ohio. There are quite a lot of these rangers down here that are still in pretty good condition.
  4. RamblerRyGuy

1995 Ranger/B4000 TDI Swap

Having driven the truck for a while with this charge air cooling setup, I would definitely not recommend the setup I went with. I didn't really think ahead, but there is a lot of turbo lag for a few reasons. There is too much tubing length, way too many 90⁰ bends, and too many silicone...
  5. RamblerRyGuy

Pretty, shiny, newish turbo. Much better looking specimen than the original I had. Also this picture shows off the EGR blockoff plate on the manifold. I have since tapped that plate to accept my EGT probe. 6CE935FB-C783-4227-9F4F-1884A951B960 by Ryan Vincent, on Flickr The whole unit on...
  6. RamblerRyGuy

Axle Gearing Decision Guide

I would be interested to do so, but I've never emailed someone through here. Where would I find the option to email you?
  7. RamblerRyGuy

Thats pretty awesome! I’d love to have a file like that around for reference. Certainly easier than working out the calculation every time.
  8. RamblerRyGuy

There are a few charts out there showing the RPM’s that you run with certain axle gears with certain tires at a given speed. I used one of these such charts from one of the posts I stumbled across on this website a long while back. Sorry, I don’t remember where I found it on here. I got tired...
  9. RamblerRyGuy

Next is to remove the newly mounted engine from the truck to replace the rear main seal and mount the trans the adapter plate I got from TDconversions. I definitely recommend dropping the money on exhaust wrap since the exhaust outlet is legitimately RIGHT by the starter. I must include that...
  10. RamblerRyGuy

Anyone who does this swap will either have to get creative with the oil drain bolt, making an access hole in the cross member (which would be very difficult), or use an oil extraction pump similar to what you'd use to change the oil in an inboard boat motor. Shown below is a picture of the oil...
  11. RamblerRyGuy

I have quite a few posts coming down the pike. Lots of work has been done to it so far.
  12. RamblerRyGuy

Things started out for me before I owned my Ranger. I followed BleepinJeep on youtube and Nate on that channel has a PD TDI in his Jeep Wrangler TJ. He has a series of videos that go into details on TDI swaps both specifically about Jeeps and also in general. Nate left and made his own channel...
  13. RamblerRyGuy

1997 ranger trail truck build! UPDATED She got rolled and I bought it back for $231

I have a couple sets of the X-BULL traction boards and I absolutely love the things. I cracked one because I came down hard on one as it was bridging a small gap, but in its defense, it was about 20 degrees F out at the time. I still use the cracked on though along with my other 3 boards...
  14. RamblerRyGuy

TDI Ranger Build

It appears there is the normal stock pickup tube with the sock, but then there are two other lines in addition to it. What are they both for? One has to be a return line. But what is the other one's purpose? I'm trying to figure out for my own TDi ranger build. Thanks
  15. RamblerRyGuy

B3000 TDI swap

I’m assuming you have to cut some of the transmission was to clear the new starter location? I’m custom making my own adapter plate and the starter location is my biggest problem currently. I don’t want to weaken the transmission overly, but that starter location is the only option.
  16. RamblerRyGuy

Each individual tooth is beveled in the direction opposite the rotation of the starter.
  17. RamblerRyGuy

No, you are on to something, but unfortunately with the way starter gears protrude in order to engage and catch the flywheel or flexplate and then disengage, it would not work to run backwards. The teeth are beveled a certain way to not clash teeth. I've also read that the internals aren't...
  18. RamblerRyGuy

I am interested in a basic kit with even just an adapter plate. I can easily make motor mounts but the adapter plate for the stock Ranger trans is my issue, specifically the starter placement. I have been doing tons of research on this topic and a VW starter does fit the Ranger flywheel teeth...
  19. RamblerRyGuy

TDI Ranger Build

I know I'm a bit late to the party on this one, but how did you make the new starter position fit with the Ranger transmission, since it's not located where the stock Ranger starter pocket is anymore? I'm working to make my own adapter for my 4.0 Ranger and everything is working out fine except...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad