• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Death Wobble

Was driving on the highway today at like 65mph and I was in a gradual turn and hit a bump and the truck began to have severe death wobble. Like the death wobble you see on YouTube of Jeeps and Super Duty trucks with solid front axles. It did not stop at all until I came to a stop on the...
  2. Heat Shields

02 Ranger XLT Supercab 4x4 4.0 5R55E. Inquiring about 2 different exhaust heat shields. The first one is the one that goes along side the transmission over the servo covers. I have seen videos of them but mine does not have them. Did they only come on certain model years? Also, I recently...
  3. 5R55E Missing Check Ball

When performing a trans service a few weeks ago, I found the blown out separator plate gasket that is common with these trucks. So I ordered the new bonded separator plate and new blow off valve/retainer from Ford. Went to install it today and have ran into a few odd issues. First being that it...
  4. Rear Headliner Wet

So today it was raining pretty hard out, and I got into my truck and noticed the driver rear bottom part of my headliner wet and a drip starting to form. I've been battling water leaks in this truck for a while. At first, there was a leak in the center of the back glass (up by roof) Pulled the...
  5. EGR Manifold Thread Size/Pitch

The insulation on my EGR tube was falling apart, so I planned to pull it and put some heat wrap on it since I had plug wires real close to it. When I went to take the lower part off, I noticed the tube was rusting pretty badly, so I just ordered a whole new tube. Was cheap enough. I had...
  6. Bed/Body Rust Protection

Wondering what is the most effective and best way to protect my truck body, rockers, truck bed in general, pretty much any sheet metal on the truck from rust. I got the frame taken care of. No rust in the fenderwells or rockers at the moment. There is some rust present underneath the bed, but...
  7. Towing Capacity Question

I plan to tow a rental tow-behind boom lift soon. It's weight is 4,800 pounds. Truck specs is 2002 Ranger XLT 4x4 4.0L 5 speed auto 4.10 LSD. I have a Class III hitch, trailer brake controller, and all the wiring going from the controller to the plug in the rear from the previous owner. I'm...
  8. Vibration in Seat and Pedals

Do not know if this is the correct forums for this post. So I have a vibration in my seat/pedals from about 65-70'ish. I've done the following to try and fix it with none of it working: Had someone balance them, still vibration. Won't matter in the next test I did Jacked up the rear and drove at...
  9. Strange Dash Noise

I have a strange dash noise. I haven't been able to record it. The only way I can describe it is as if there's a mouse inside the dash scratching real quickly. I obviously don't have a mouse in my truck. It's not consistent. It used to be only when the AC ran. Now it'll start doing it like 2...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad