• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Shift linkage trouble

Well, turns out i was about 2 qrts down in transmission oil, i didnt realize i had lost that much when i removed the cooling lines. Everything works perfect now... thank you so much guys for your help!!
  2. Shift linkage trouble

Thanks Josh, how about if i remove the fill tube and pour the oil directly in the transmission hole, the question is... the moment the oil starts coming out of the trans it would mean thats it's full?
  3. Shift linkage trouble

First of all guys, thank you so much for your help... Josh i did what you recommend and now the gears are in line with the shift indicator but still the gears are not engaging. When i was removing the old engine oil gasket i also unpluged the transmission cooling lines because they were on the...
  4. Shift linkage trouble

Hey Shran thank you so much for the advice, i did adjust the shift rod but unfortunately the issue remains. Im thinking maybe i have to remove the transmission oil pan to check if something got loose inside next to the shifter. I also removed the lever cover inside the cabin but everything seems...
  5. Shift linkage trouble

Hello guys!... so i i replaced the oil pan gasket on my Ranger 1986 2.9 4x4 AT, to do so i had to lift the engine and transmission togheter to get more room between the engine and the frame. I lifted the transmission as high as it could, i put everything back in place and when i turned on the...
  6. Transmission dipstick tube

Thanks dude, i located the hole in the transmission and put back the tube i also applied silicone but yeah the tube feels loose, now ill need to soldering that part. Weird thing is when i bought the truck about 6 months ago it wasnt leaking from the tube until now but from the oil pan.
  7. Transmission dipstick tube

Thnks for your reply guys, so if im under the truck i should be able to feel that hole? Is it centered above the pan or like in a corner next to the cooling lines? Thanks guys!
  8. Transmission dipstick tube

Hello everyone... i have a 1986 4x4 2.9 liter, turns out i was having a leak in the transmission oil pan so i replaced the gasket everything good there but then when i was about to fill the oil pan, i pulled the dipstick (which it was stuck) and ¡the whole tube got out!. Now i cannot see where...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad