• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Everlearn

For Sale 1985 Ranger Long Bed project for sale

I acquired a 1985 Ford Ranger long bed standard cab 4x2 a couple of years ago as a project. It's in great shape as far as body/interior. No rusted panels, good interior. Been stored in a heated warehouse since I got it. Has just over 100k miles on it. I set about buying all of the bits...
  2. Everlearn

Reliability issue

I just can’t believe that after only 200,000 hard miles, the trans in my beloved 2003 4x4 gave up the ghost hauling a trailer load of lumber up a hill last week. What’s happened to product quality these days???.....:unsure: Anyhow, $1800 later and I’ve got it back on the road with a new master...
  3. Everlearn

Just gonna make some headers...

Well I’ve given up trying to find headers. I spent some time today drawing up a flange pattern based on the exhaust gasket. There’s a huge steel fabrication company right next door to my shop. I figure based on some other stuff they’ve made for me, they’ll cost about $50 for the laser cut and...
  4. Everlearn

Found an Offenhauser 4bbl manifold

I just ran across an Offy 6007 manifold for $250. It’s in fabulous shape. Everything I’ve read says it’ll fit my new long block, checking with the engine builder to be sure......
  5. Everlearn

Pimped out parts washer

So as I started taking the Ranger apart it became obvious I'd need a bigger parts washer. Have a little tiny one I bought years ago, I think it's a 5 gallon or something like that. Not big enough for things like intakes and other cruddy stuff I'm having to re-use for the long block, so I...
  6. Everlearn

Engine stand bolt size?

I’ve looked around so please don’t flame me......anyone know the bolt size for the 2.8l bell housing? I want to pick up some to mount my long block to an engine stand. None in my collection seem to fit as they’re all SAE.
  7. Everlearn

The decision to spend too much money......

Well, I’ve had the 1985 Ranger for a couple of weeks now, drove it around last weekend. Got several thumbs up and a couple of offers to buy it, one for $4k. So I’ve decided to forego a much needed tropical vacation and spend that money on the Ranger. Going up next week to pick up the rebuilt...
  8. Everlearn

Hello from Louisville

Hello folks! I’m a lifelong Ford guy, learned to drive in a 1964 Ford Fairlaine 500 coupe with 289 and auto trans. Currently I have a 2003 black on black 4x4 Edge 4.0 long bed extended cab, was the dealer demo with every available option. I also have a 1992 Mustang notch back with 550hp at the...
  9. Everlearn

Opinions on 1985 Ranger up for sale

Hello all! I’m the proud owner of a black on black 2003 Ranger 4x4 Edge extended cab 4.0. I’ve had her since ‘04, bought the dealer demo with literally every option. She just turned 200k and I will probably die owning this truck. I do all my own work save for tires & alignment, and just...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad