• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Maine Ranger

Battery Cable Replacement Issue

I am well aware of that fact ..Its just if you have never done it before its a question of why the heck did they do it that way..cause of point they could have made it longer and rerouted it to make it easier for everyone involved
  2. Maine Ranger

Ill tell ya it must have been designer hangover day at ford for that one geez ..I searched the Factory manual for it and there is nothing about how to replace the cables
  3. Maine Ranger

Thank god for this ..im looking at the same issue and just posted the same question mine is an 04 4.0 v6 that ive been working on 4 a long time
  4. Maine Ranger

Alternator wires

Hey Rangers Im replacing the battery cables and need some advice ..How the Heck do you yank the cables off from the Alternator seems there stuck behind the belt system ?????
  5. Maine Ranger

Constant code

Thanks will do
  6. Maine Ranger

Constant code

Ok well interesting ...Lets be honest i know little or nothing about the computer diagnostic stuff ....trying to figure out how to go about getting my truck fixed ,,,,,,Only gauge they had on my old ford was a gas gauge .....So i am newbie at the computer stuff ..so any advice on how to check...
  7. Maine Ranger

Constant code

Its a 2004 4.0 v6 sohc Ive replaced both cam and crank sensors . .Cranks but no start only getting 5.6 v to the inertia switch and 2. something to the fuel pump .. I power probed the relay and fuse both at 12.2 volts ..since its nice finally here in Maine i can do a compression and leak down...
  8. Maine Ranger

Constant code

Have a ford code 1383 & a 20005 they are constant codes need help in what to look for thanks
  9. Maine Ranger

Power Drop

I have an 04 ranger and the power drops at the inertia switch .....the relay and fuse both read 12v then when i check the inertia switch it drops to 5 .6 .the fuel pump reads around 2.6 on my scan tool and I am using a test probe on my inertia switch ,Realys and fuses ...Any Idea what is going...
  10. Maine Ranger

Inertia switch issue

Ok I checked the relay and fuses both are fine ....and from what I understand is that those switches can go off by a hard hit or vibration ...and the ford repair manual has those codes in them
  11. Maine Ranger

Inertia switch issue

went for my can today it was empty have to get more in the morning ....in 35 miles from any town
  12. Maine Ranger

Inertia switch issue

I've been semi working on it for awhile .in between rain and snow I replaced the switch but still having issues
  13. Maine Ranger

Inertia switch issue

No have a problem truck won't start turns over but no start
  14. Maine Ranger

Inertia switch issue

Hi Rangers Having an issue with code P0025 says my fuel system shutoff valve open ...I replaced the switch and check my relay but still having same code and issue also with code P0005 says camshaft has a retard in bank 2 any help would be great thanks oh yeah it's a 04 4.0 v6
  15. Maine Ranger

Misfire

she still has a rough idle in her at low rpm ????? canister and purge valve is shot
  16. Maine Ranger

Misfire

Up Date on my problem,,,,,My compression checked out all good ........I have serious evap issues the purge and canister is freakin shot
  17. Maine Ranger

Misfire

After it stops raining i am checking everything all over again ....I had problems with the fuel previously ..I have a foxwell coder an inexpensive one ..not sure it works very well let you guys know
  18. Maine Ranger

Misfire

I mentioned it doesn't happen all the time ..Starting it and below 2000 rpms is when it is crappy after that it runs as normal .....the oil is old i am thinking that it happen before i bought it......dunno
  19. Maine Ranger

Misfire

Update on misfire ,,I rechecked everything ,,,reset gap, refitted plugs, checked fuel injectors ,spark is ok ,,,but still a misfire . However it misses sometimes not all the time ..also found oil in my air cleaner pan not a lot but enough to notice and my throttle body is dirty ,,,Maybe an evap...
  20. Maine Ranger

Misfire

I am just trying to find out if it is an exhaust issue that would cause a misfire

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad