• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. DavisRanger

2.3L to 2.9L Swap

So, last weekend (July 3rd) I totaled my truck by landing, yes you read that right, on the hood of a Tesla. I’ll share photos below… still waiting on dash cam footage from the Tesla owner. How it happened is I lost my brakes at 70mph exiting an interstate. I decided to hit the ditch on the...
  2. DavisRanger

4wd to 2wd conversion?

I have an 88 (2.9L) 4wd and was just gifted an 84 ranger (2.3L) 4wd. I want to convert the 84 ranger to 2wd and build it to be a mini truck. so my question is, what would that entail? Is it pretty strait forward Thanks
  3. DavisRanger

Before/after 88 Ranger XLT 4x4

I’ll update more as I continue to do cosmetics. Right now my main focus is the engine. But, I’m pretty happy with the look so far. Just need a couple more changes externally and I’ll be there. Painted last April. My next move will be a roll bar/light bar and window tint. Interior is...
  4. DavisRanger

More Powa-Babeh 2.9L

So, I’ve done some work. RV Camshaft Bored +40 4 hole injectors Cat delete Headers Small stroke (idk where the machinist found the crank, but he did.) I’m also running Advanced Timing and driving on 92 octane, it runs like garbage on anything lower than 92. Now, I’m assuming I’m needing to...
  5. DavisRanger

Idle’s good, missing under load

I just recently did a complete rebuild on my 2.9L. Almost everything under the hood is new. The truck idles great, but when under a load it’s missing at low speeds (lower rpm), but doesn’t miss at higher RPM’s. I removed the cats because they were clogged and put in a straight pipe. Never...
  6. DavisRanger

88 Ranger Restomod

I bought the truck in August 2019, haven’t had it a year yet and I have completed much more than I thought I would, one of the few things I can thank COVID for lol. I didn’t even start taking things apart until February (2020) The overall goal for this truck is to build it into a nice daily...
  7. DavisRanger

New from Oregon

Bought my truck back in August. Just updated her look over the last week. Doing all the interior and upgrades myself. 🤙🏼🤙🏼 I’ve learned a lot from the forums. Decided I should hop on and contribute. From multi tan to Olive Drab green🤙🏼🤙🏼

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad