• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Heavy stream of transmission fluid after starting up truck

Sorry I forgot to say that it is coming out from between the front of the transmission and the back of the engine. Duh
  2. Heavy stream of transmission fluid after starting up truck

My 1991 Ford Ranger starting leaking a steady stream of transmission fluid when it is first started up and not put into any gear. The leak started suddenly with no slow leak noticed beforehand. After putting the truck into gear the leak seems to stop until the truck sits again. The engine oil is...
  3. 1993 Ford Ranger V6 4.0 bucking and stumbling on acceleration

:) The truck is fixed!!!! Thank you RonD, you were spot on, the fuel pump strainer filter was all plugged up and the bottom screen on the pump itself was clogged. Runs like new! Squeals the tires and 85 before I am off of the on ramp! And easy to replace, I thought I would have to drop the tank...
  4. 1993 Ford Ranger V6 4.0 bucking and stumbling on acceleration

I pulled the correct fuse to shut down the fuel pump and the issue goes away for a few miles. I only had the fuel pump shut down for about a minute. Is the most likely issue the in tank fuel pump or the filter?
  5. 1993 Ford Ranger V6 4.0 bucking and stumbling on acceleration

I am including a picture of the fuse box under the hood on the passenger side. I pulled the one labeled Fuel Relay and one time it stalled right away and one time it continued to turn over very slowly until I reved the throttle Then it stalled. The fuse box does not have numbers for the fuses...
  6. 1993 Ford Ranger V6 4.0 bucking and stumbling on acceleration

Oh sorry the truck is a 1991 and the engine compartment fuse box is labeled 30 amp Fuel Pump Relay I think
  7. 1993 Ford Ranger V6 4.0 bucking and stumbling on acceleration

I warmed up the truck today until the problem started again, I pulled it over when the truck would go no further and I pulled the 30 amp fuse for the fuel pump relay. The idle slowed way down but it did not stall so I gave it a little throttle and then it stalled out. I put the fuse back in and...
  8. 1993 Ford Ranger V6 4.0 bucking and stumbling on acceleration

OK sounds good, I will try that tomorrow.
  9. 1993 Ford Ranger V6 4.0 bucking and stumbling on acceleration

I retested the truck today and here is what I found. All acceleration is normal until driven about 3 to 4 miles then the truck loses all power and pushing on the gas pedal does very little or even causes it to slow down. I pulled over to the side put it in park and let it ideal for about 5...
  10. 1993 Ford Ranger V6 4.0 bucking and stumbling on acceleration

Sounds good I will try that. When it starts to get really bogged down I will pull over and let it idle for awhile without turning it off and see if it has power again after sitting. I am going elk hunting for a week so I will try it when I get back.
  11. 1993 Ford Ranger V6 4.0 bucking and stumbling on acceleration

I cleaned the ECM 60 pin connector and replaced the two electrolytic caps on the ECM. I still have the problem with the ranger but I did find out something new. After driving the truck for a few miles I start to loose all throttle control and the truck does not respond to the pedal just bucks...
  12. 1993 Ford Ranger V6 4.0 bucking and stumbling on acceleration

And because I thought it was a 1993 I put in the coil pack, spark plugs and spark plug wires all as 1993 parts from Autozone. I hope they are all compatible with the 1991.
  13. 1993 Ford Ranger V6 4.0 bucking and stumbling on acceleration

There was some dried mud in the bottom corner of the ECM case so water must have been above the floorboards at some point. The connectors of the ECM 60 pin must have been underwater and don't look great.
  14. 1993 Ford Ranger V6 4.0 bucking and stumbling on acceleration

Yes thank you. I found a utube video that showed where it is. Has different caps then the 1993 3.3 micro farad and 47 micro farad. I ordered an entire kit of caps so I will still get the ones that it has. The capacitors look good but I will try it anyway just is case.
  15. 1993 Ford Ranger V6 4.0 bucking and stumbling on acceleration

It turns out that the truck is a 1991 Ford Ranger, where is the computer on this truck?
  16. 1993 Ford Ranger V6 4.0 bucking and stumbling on acceleration

Thank you for the feedback. I have ordered caps from Amazon as all the Radio Shack stores in the Phoenix area have closed. Can someone tell me the most likely place to find the computer on the 1993 Ford Ranger V6 4.0 ? I have looked but found.
  17. 1993 Ford Ranger V6 4.0 bucking and stumbling on acceleration

After the truck warms up with a few miles driven with normal acceleration the truck starts to lose all acceleration and bucks or stumbles. There are no check engine lights or codes recorded. I have completed the truck running test and it passes all tests even when warm and the problem is...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad