• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. What transmission ?

Ok thanks
  2. What transmission ?

Would you know where I can find a shifter?????
  3. What transmission ?

So I have a 84 bronco ii with a 2.8 and a 4-speed ! Do I have a tk4 transmission ? I’m in need of a shift really bad old one broke and now I’m stuck in reverse !
  4. Duraspark/HEI swap help

I used a muilti meter and checked every wire coming out of the main 6 wire harness and I had NO voltage anywhere while the key was in the on position! I even to a wire straight from the + battery terminal over to the “hot” side of the coil and still had no spark?. Any other ideas ? The engine...
  5. Duraspark/HEI swap help

Here is a picture of the plug in on the side of my coil!
  6. Duraspark/HEI swap help

Ok thanks !!! So the purple that went to the yellow wire originally goes to yellow on coil for power “on” right?
  7. Duraspark/HEI swap help

Im sure I have the tfi style coil , you can see it in my picture.
  8. Duraspark/HEI swap help

So is the yellow wire on the coil the “hot” and green the ground wire?
  9. Duraspark/HEI swap help

I have the hei all wired up rough I will make it nicer once it runs.
  10. Duraspark/HEI swap help

So ditch the stock 84 coil and get a TFI ?
  11. Duraspark/HEI swap help

This purple wire (circled in red) was connected to about 5 yellow wires that originally went to the stock 84 coil.
  12. Duraspark/HEI swap help

Thanks for all your help. I found a red wire with green strip it come from the main harness to another plug in. Not the main 6 wire plug in I’m just not sure what to use??‍♂️.
  13. Duraspark/HEI swap help

Here is the “main plug” in
  14. Duraspark/HEI swap help

I have a durspark distributor and the stock 84 coil. I don’t have the red wire hooked up to the coil. I have a purple wire that goes to yellow to the coil.i have the HEI module wired like the diagram. It had spark before I tore the computer wiring out and now it don’t.
  15. Duraspark/HEI swap help

Pictures
  16. Duraspark/HEI swap help

So I put a new/rebuilt distributor from the parts store in and wired in an h.e.i. module . The motor cranks but won’t start and I’m not sure what wire runs power to the coil. I have a purple wire going a few yellow wires connect to the coil plug in and a green wire to the coil plug in. Any help...
  17. Newbie with a 84 bronco ii

Been looking on here for awhile lots of good info. Trying to get 84 bronco ii with a 2.8 going before it gets too cold here in Nebraska!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad