• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Speedometer gear

Been looking but cant find the answer. Does anyone know what is the most teeth that are available on a speedometer gear? My 5.0 swapped AOD trans has a 23 tooth gear and my speedometer is still not right. has 4.10 rear gear. Its off by about 6 MPH. 23 seems to be the most teeth I can find. I was...
  2. 5.0 headers

Has anyone used these headers? Pros, cons thoughts on them. How did they fit? Thanks.
  3. Before and After axle flip, front springs and more

I thought I would share my progress on my 1990. I bought this as a swapped 5.0 out of a 1992 Cobra Mustang. The previous owner had done a nice job but just really didn't finish it off the way I would. It already had an 8.8 Explorer rear in it under the springs in the first photos along with...
  4. 1990 steering shaft modification

Has anyone modified/made a new steering shaft for header clearance? My 90 5.0 swapped Ranger has Advance Adapter headers on it and one is cracked. I would like to replace with new but as you can see in the photo it has been "clearanced" for the steering and I dont want to do that if I buy new...
  5. Suggestions needed on lowering parts

I am currently knee deep in a project I've been wanting to do for a while which is narrowing the rear and lowering the truck. Photos are before I started on it. I am almost finished with the rear. I shortened the Explorer 8.8 three inches to tuck the wheels in some and flipped the axle to the...
  6. Explorer rear flip on Ranger.

Hi All. Can anyone tell me how much drop one would get if they installed the Explorer rear in a ranger and mounted it on the top of the springs? I'm afraid it will be more than I want and thought I would ask here. Thanks in advance.
  7. WTB 1989 8.8 rear

Im looking for an early model rear end. Mostly interested in a 8.8 but am open to a 7.5 if it is limited slip and is a 3.73 gear. I am more open to others if it is an 8.8 but prefer a limited slip. TIA

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad